sub panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazydog

Reaction score
I'm starting to plan out the wiring options for my 8x10 room and was thinking about having my sub panel and ballast on the outside of the room just incase heat becomes an issue.I'm gunna run 2 1000 watt switchable hps/mh lights.I can vary the size of the room allittle so if anyone has some advise I'm all ears. thx all

i assume your two ballasts are 120V so you'd probably want a 30amp panel. good idea to keep ballasts outside the room. are your reflectors aircooled?, thats gonna produce alot more heat than the ballasts ever will. I use electronic ballasts that dont produce any heat so i just hang em in the growroom. good luck

Always good to put it outside the room if you can. But if your gonna run a portable AC, really wont make that much difference. 2k in lights will be ok for veg. Same for flowering though? I intially had run a line from the Hot Tub disconnect into 2 4-gang boxes when I started. Now I just spent the $499 on a full system ready to go with, 8-240v plugs and 4 120v. Clean set up is always nice.

the ballast can be wired for 240 and the hoods are air cooled as well. Yeah I'm wanting to run a dedicated 240 volt line to a mlc that will let me run up to 4 1000 watt hid's. I'm also going to run some dedicated 120 volt circuits as well. I think that I'll keep everything I can on the outside,that way I might get away with only have to run a portable heater during the night phase. arggggghh .......so many options! I just want to keep things simple and clean.

I just switched over to fully enclosed set-up. Super clean.

AC
Dehumid
CO2 generator
Air cleaner

All the ballasts are in the room on the wall. Just get a oversize AC and no need to air cool the hoods or have any in/out fans running. I am a non hood guy, I just do vertical bulbs.

PS, with 4k in lights, I would probably get AC.

Latest posts

Back