Suggestions For Improvement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4ms

ms4ms
Reaction score
I need to update and improve my grow room set up. I have room and the means to change things around. The pics give an idea what I have to work with.The box is 36" tall on the veg or left side and 45" tall on the right or flower side. It is 46" wide and 29" deep. I think I will change lighting to switchable hps/mh so I have the best spectrum available. I have a 250 w hps that can burn a m/h bulb. I have cleared that with the mfg. So what would be my best route???? add another 250 switchable and I woupld have 500 watts then or ?? suggestions please.

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

Since you have 2 rooms, I do not see the reason for switchable hps/mh.

Also, regarding your 250W HPS, is this a digital ballast? Do you have a conversion bulb? I would double check being able to use a MH in your HPS. I don't necessarily believe what someone tells me on the phone.

A 400W HPS would probably work well in your flowering room. Or you could get another 250W HPS to go with the one you have and use in the flowering room. You can veg well with a variety of lighting. If you can use a MH in your 250W you can use that to veg and get a 400W to flower. Or you could veg with fluoros to help with heat and run 2 250W to flower...You have some options. What is your cooling/ventilation like?

I agree with HempGod...rule of thumb...bulb must match ballast...but if you could get more light and cane remove the heat...awesome...i could not make out the pics to well..why is the ballast in the box?...it has a long cord I would put it away from box..just my thaughts...and I dont think you have the room to put two lights..so I would get a 400HPS cool tube...again just my thaughts...well Im going to smoke some pot now

take care and be safe

thanks for the reply's. I am planning on making this 1 room. I will recheck about the mh in my hps but htg emailed me and said I could burn the mh in my hps which is one contained unit. I could potentially have 500 watts of mh for veg time and then just switch to hps for flower or run a combo of the 2. I only need 3-4 plants in rotation to keep me in meds.I need to redo my air system which isn't good. This is the main reason I am deoing this is heat. I will put ALL of the air and power goodies on the top of the box. any ideas on the air circulation would be helpful. thanks again. I will recut the roof so the main part of the lite will be above the grow.Now, it is inside the growbox which means alot of heat. You can't really see it but I have a stretch of vent hose running from the back of my lite into the attic.

Latest posts

Back