Super cropping & trimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siegalsmoker

Reaction score
I have been hearing the term super cropping and was just curious what it was and the beneifits of doing it....and also I've heard of peeps cutting a branch/stem from the top of there plant to give it two large bud sites at the top? Is that easy to do or could a beginner cause sum problems if he doesnt do it correctly?

Does any1 have any pics of flowering b-52 or ice? Just curious how large they will become.....Thanks! :D

I just finished my first tests of cropping methods. This is what I did and what happened.

Topped Pure Power Plant: One plant had 3 heads and 2 others had four heads. This caused a deeper penetration around each of those nodes and it looked really great from the top and sides, but after harvesting I had roughly the same typical amount for a yield. The tops were also very flimsy and I ended up having to tie up every single one of them because they were bent over from the weight.

Lolli-Popped White Widow: Did this to 4 white widows and put them in a rockwool slab. The buds became very dense and thick around their nodes but again the 4 plants equaled slightly more than 1 plant allowed to just grow.

I'm no expert grower or anything but I came to the conclusion that for me, cropping wasn't really giving me any better yields. In fact I have much less to use for hash.

I would love to try scrog one day though.

I'm no expert grower or anything but I came to the conclusion that for me, cropping wasn't really giving me any better yields. In fact I have much less to use for hash

those are honest results.

i dont EVER top a main cola. it does nothing but hinder growth and yeild. supercropping aloe will stop strech enough to control it if you pinch enough.

unless you have no othger way to stop the plant from growing into the light then thats the only time id top.

Latest posts

Back