Sweating Leaves..Normal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aym777

Reaction score
I Have 2 white widow plants about 2 1/2 weeks old......The Humidity Is Between 45% - 55%....The Temps Range Between 76 - 78 Degrees.....The Lights Are On 24/0....I Use A T5 High Output 8 X 24.....About 3 inches away from Tip Of Leaves.....But Lately My Plants Started 2 Sweat...Little Balls Of water On Leaves....Is This Normal ?

Sounds like you have things dialed in, nice work. Mine sweat where the leaves are overlapping and resting on each other. Don't know for sure, but don't think it is anything to worry about it. I've never run into any problems with it anyways.

I have the same situation as CH and the reason why it happens is that the leaves underneath are transpiring water but the leaf on top is keeping it from evaporating into the atmosphere. Plants do "sweat" on occasion with the right combination of humidity/temp. If the humidity is quite high and darkness is approaching (outdoors), a plant may still be transpiring a little but the water won't evaporate readily only to collect as teardrops on the ends of the leaves. The way to solve the problem indoors is to use an occilating fan. I however, have never had any mold or other problems due to the wettness on the leaves.

I would just put a fan on the plants and it will eliminate the water that appears on the leaves. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back