Switching to HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnug

Reaction score
When I switch from a T5 flo to a n HPS sometime the leaves turn a little pale. They are on an ebb/flow table, has anyone seen this happen, its happened to me in the past but I wasnt sure if it was norm. thanks for any help

sweetnug said:
When I switch from a T5 flo to a n HPS sometime the leaves turn a little pale. They are on an ebb/flow table, has anyone seen this happen, its happened to me in the past but I wasnt sure if it was norm. thanks for any help

Sounds like light burn, how close is the HPS?

It is 2 feet away. Its just the lower leaves, The new growth is good. This has happened before and they turned out great. Is pale leaves a sign of light burn? Will the plants get used to it?

sounds maybe like light bleaching thats the only thing i can think that would turn it pale what wattage is this hps?

Its a 1000 hps. What exactly is light bleaching and how do I fix it?

Wow, talk about throwing them into the fire LOL. Raise your light up a little until they adjust.

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Light movers can double even triple the coverage that the some stationary light could do with only a negligible increase in energy consumption. Mover motors draw only 10 watts or less. Light movers not only spread the light but the heat as well. This allows the light to skim over plants with out bleaching the upper leaves from constant direct brightness."

Light bleaching usually occurs with the higher wattage lights its from leaves being pretty close to the light that they just get bleached man ways to avoid raise your light or get a light mover. Light bleaching does not harm a plant only changes the color of the leaves no harm what so ever is done to the plant lol i was high lol :rolleyes:
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back