Temperature control problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDontSmoke

Reaction score
So my temperature in my cabinet is about 88 degrees right now, and its only 50 out during the day right now so I know it's going to get warmer as the house warms up. Bottom line: I need to cool the cabinet down, but I have no access to outdoor air where the cabinet is and I can't move it. I have a fan pumping in about 200cfm, but with the MH veg. light it gets hot. Does anyone know of a simple way to cool the room w/o running fresh air?

Thanks!

Don't hold your breath waiting for a simple way reply. Unless big blocks of ice sound simple.
Air conditioning unit?
Cool tube your light and vent it into the room?

try and get a vented hood/reflector and vent that out of the cabinet is that possible

what alaska and crintonator said. Get fixtures that you can hook ducting up to and dedicate some fans to cooling it down and exhaust the hot air out of the box. Also have some fans bringing fresh air in from the bottom. Your plants need new air. If you're just circulating stale air around inside that's no good at all.

I see this question so many times, for myself have the same problem, and for me i dont have the options to vent anything outside without breaking part of the house or making it look way too obvious and yet havent seen anything out there capable of doing this without spending some good money..
The temperature on my grow box cans get to the 90s on a really hot day, no matter how much ventilation i got its just blowing hot air continously.

So i was wondering if leaving a 2 gallon jug of frozen water in the morning would make any differnece in the temperature..
then i found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Qty-91-2W-40m...79QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4660QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
im thinking on putting 4 in front of some fans to see if they cool the air around during the day, i just got an electronic therm so ill see highes and lowes.

ill get back with the results, if theuy work, it will be an acheaper and effective option for those in the same shoes as mine.

Peltier Cooler 3.jpg

ive got a fan set up in mine & just made it so theres gaps for air to escape dunno if this is right or good enough but i have a fan outside blowing into the other side of the gaps (air inside gets pushed out to the right of the gaps & air blows in through the left side of them)

Hey thanks for the advice, I know its a pretty simple issue really: bring in cooler air/get the hot out, but I just wanted to see if anyone had found some sort of miracle cure for hot temperatures... I'm a relatively inexperienced grower. My fan is mounted in the wall of the box, so it is bringing in fresh air, however this is constrained by where I can put gaps as any light escaping the box is a no-no; I am trying to do this rather unobtrusively. Anyboy know of some sort of material I could pack an exhaust outlet with that would allow air to pass but diffuse/block most of the light?

IDontSmoke said:
Hey thanks for the advice, I know its a pretty simple issue really: bring in cooler air/get the hot out, but I just wanted to see if anyone had found some sort of miracle cure for hot temperatures... I'm a relatively inexperienced grower. My fan is mounted in the wall of the box, so it is bringing in fresh air, however this is constrained by where I can put gaps as any light escaping the box is a no-no; I am trying to do this rather unobtrusively. Anyboy know of some sort of material I could pack an exhaust outlet with that would allow air to pass but diffuse/block most of the light?
Check your PM, I left you a link. If anyone else wants the link, pm me. It's a link to a diy igloo cooler ac.

cant you get one of those vents like youd have in a airing cupboard (where your water/gas heater is) that stops light getting in or out , hope thats wat you was asking hehe

can i get it too. curious on what u have setup..

just cut a hole as close to the top as you can then cover it with screen material, then on the inside put a flap over the hole a good deal larger than the hole and affix it to the inside of the box so that it doesnt quite touch so air can get out but most of the light will stay inside

Latest posts

Back