temperature variation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabba123

Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me ,i have just switched plants to flower stage so lights obviously not on as much i have noticed when their on temp is steady 80f the lowest its going to when off is 60f is that ok
tnx
jabba

That is a little low. you want to keep it between 70-75 if im not mistaken. Were are you growing? any way you can keep it warmer during lights out?

tnx for reply
so do u mean it should b wamer than 60 when lights are off?

Right now my nite time temps are 58 and day 74-77 all plants are doing fine. The ones in the flower room are turning purple from the lower temps.

tnx ray jay i was just bit worried the tep droping to 60f when lights off for the 12 if u think thats fine cheers mate

Not saying its fine, if you can bring them up alittle it would be better. Just saying the lower temp isnt affecting my plants. Some mornings when I check for low temp its been down to 54.

you probably wouldnt notice any ill effects

IME I have found that having temps in the mids 60's to upper 60's constantly works the best. Lights on /lights off same temp. or as much as I can get it to stay the same.

Lows 60's to 50's to 40's slow growth quite a bit

Yo Ho jabba123,

During the veg process, the ideal all around temp for non Co2 use is 76*-78* degrees (F). You can run your lights 24/7, and the babies will grow great as long as the light and care is good. During the flowering process consider the time of year that these babies would be producing those buds outdoors.

The temps would obviously be a bit lower at night cause seed development occurs during the fall. Night time temps, in a soil grow, indoors during the flowering process, would see ideal temps for fast flowering around the same as for vegging. Should you allow for the cooler temps at night you will only slow down the total flowering process. Still, myself I like to see nighttime temps drop down to around 68*-72* degrees. This I feel is a very good and ideal way to fly, but hey, we are all different and thank goodness for that cause it would sure be a boring world if we were all identical...

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

Latest posts

Back