Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should have join Mp and the TGC before beginning your grow.:) We could have steered you away from buying useless fans.

I run 2 a/c hoods with 600's with one centrifugal fan and a speed controller.

If you do not have enough air exchange your plants and yield will suffer. Weak growth, spotting leaves. Adding a carbon filter to those type of fans just about eliminates any air flow.

Dr. Green Fang said:
Yeah, the little fans are good for under the canopy and clipped up top for over the canopy.. but you really want (or at least I wanted) a larger OSC fan that gets right into that canopy and keeps circulating. I started with it on low then worked my way up to high... you want to make sure the plants are strong enough to take the breeze. I have one plant that contoured around my OSC fan.. so I do wish it didn't take up as much space.

i'll cut the base off and mount it to the tent pole going to take a peek :icon_smile:

ya duck problem solved below :) i was blind till i joined here started in the dark in feb been a long 6 mo. ty mp. wheeeew never be at this point but ya i wish i got in here before kept asking for advice in all the wrong places i guess about tents and setups got no feed back and patience is not a virtue of mine

pcduck said:
I think you should have join Mp and the TGC before beginning your grow.:) We could have steered you away from buying useless fans.

I run 2 a/c hoods with 600's with one centrifugal fan and a speed controller.

If you do not have enough air exchange your plants and yield will suffer. Weak growth, spotting leaves. Adding a carbon filter to those type of fans just about eliminates any air flow.

I can not second this all enough. I know you feel like you have the right CFM's and you think "well it will work this time" .. just know everything he said is correct. You will suffer all around from those fans. :(

You said you just spent $30 more yesterday but don't have money for a proper fan? That's almost halfway to a quality 4" fan, that would do the trick nicely for 1 tent. I, personally, would go to a 6" (quality brand) fan as soon as you can, and put a speed controller on it. I know you're thinking how broke you are, but if you indeed are broke, you shouldn't have spent that $30 yesterday on tape and reducers. Should've saved that toward a proper fan.... you see the fans you have "wack at" the air to move it along the ducting. The fans we're talking about are designed to REALLY quite literally pulllll the air to it, and then out the other side. The difference is beyond night and day my friend. :aok:

For future reference, this is what you'd want:

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hurricane%C3%82%E2%84%A2-inch-inline-fan-435-cfm-p-3802.html

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/active-air-variable-speed-fan-control-p-2263.html

You could get away with a 4", easily! But spend the extra $10.00 to go to a 6" and put a speed controller on it.... have the control you need! :D

well just threw one in there on high the plants were out in storms they are hardened and are doing good in full breeze mode put small one under canopy removed floor fan

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Your order has been successfully processed.

Please notify me of updates to the products I have selected below:

Active Air Variable Speed Fan Control
Hurricane™ 6 inch Inline Fan 435 CFM
Thanks for shopping with us online!

bwahahahhaha!!!! Nice job N.E.!!!

Now you have a Carbon Scrubber for this you said, yes? :)

I'm familiar with the "pain in the ***" that is starting out... and I went from $1,200 thinking I was 100% done, to now over $3,500 deep. :holysheep:

ya i have the c filter for the 6" shoudl be here monday if i had to guess shipps from loks like ohio to ma ground soo

ya i have the c filter for the 6" shoudl be here monday if i had to guess shipps from loks like ohio to ma ground soo

Excellent.. I wouldn't even worry about hooking it up until you have all the proper things come together (fan etc)

I'm happy for ya! :aok:

I know you hate buying more stuff, but now that you're invested.. it's just going to keep going lol. :D

You getting it from plantlighting.com?

pcduck ya went right to his links and ordered them...

You will be amazed at the difference that fan makes. Maybe you can sell the inline ones you have on Craig's List or somewhere.

well i am going to want to conect the 2 cabinets and the tent at some point so probally use then just to xfer inbetween

8" will probalyy become a hood fan?

You just need ducting to join 2 tents together with 1 fan :aok:

Unless someone more advanced than me can come in and say "they actually do help for that" then my thoughts are of what I've read and seen. You can do multiple tents with 1 quality fan. :confused2:

ya the cabs are much smaller ofc really just neeed passive thru them i guess just to prevent mold for flowering may pop that auto run it out in one of them or outside, might do that now kinda bored

got 1 critical cheese(auto/fem) & 2 satori germinating

82/64% just finished trying to get some 76degree air to em see how it goes may need rework and a fan ect 12pm

dropped to 80.1/61% so far 1pm
79.9 1:14
79.5/59 1:43
79.1 2:18
78.2/58% 5:40
78.1/61% 7:11 (removed carbon filter)
77.5/ 55% wow 7:25
76.1/54 8:37pm
---------------------------------------
78.6/66% 6:30am (overnight average no a/c)

well i took the carbon filter off just now see how much lower it gets got a little more a/c duct adjusting and i think i'll hit 75 all day/night

side note got new xrays of my chest posted in my PTSD thread bullets beside my heart and a wire suture on my sternum

So fan has shipped will be here tomorrow !

plants are over 3' from tent floor over 2" from soil except center of the 5 i have trained really low corner 4 plants are getting large

how far from the canopy should the light ideally be 1K MH open reflector the hand method? i had next to no leaf burn coming from sun to tent shoudl i drop it and let a little curl start to know it's to close?

78/64

also hi :rolleyes:

e/ also think i may shoot for a 6" cooled glass drop down reflector for cheap ;) rather then the 8" just cause those fans really are useless may be floor fans lol ? is 1k ok in a 6" and if yes could i run 2 1k light and use a 6" carbon filter for 2x 5' tents with that fan alone?

YES! 6" cooled glass hood :aok: :aok: Now you're getting it N.E.!! Do it right! :D

So fan has shipped will be here tomorrow

Woooo that was super fast!! :holysheep:

You are vegging? I believe it's around 8-16" depending on many factors. I was running about 12" from the top when I vegged with my MH.. but I won't really be doing that anymore. I went to T5 fixures and will NEVER go back!!! You can literally drop the light RIGHT on the plant tops, with very very little burn to the tips of the leaves. I mean my leaves have wrapped around the bulb and finally that burnt them lol! (speaking of which.. I need to hurry up and harvest.. I can't keep these 2 clones down from the light anymore!!!

Random thought about your canopy. You do have some plants propped up to meet with the top of, and level out, your canopy ya? Try to keep that canopy even. That's something I learned a tad later on, but it's very much come into play along this process. :aok:

I used other plant pots upside down right now, but that's extremely dangerous! I've chanced it all grow in my Tent #1. Some that I'm raising now, I'm using 1gal totes upside down to raise them up. Also, NEVER use cardboard boxes... holy heck!! I learned that the HARRRRRRRRRRRD way!!!! I went into my 4 week deep flowering tent one day, and 2 had fallen right over!!! :( :(

i evened the canopy. I'm around all day every day so always up for things to keep busy ;) my mind is my worst enemy at times.

Defiantly gotta get-in to setting cabinets back up show is a mess atm

Latest posts

Back