The Begining Of My Transformation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
The information on this site is tremendous and at the same time somewhat overwhelming for a rookie. I've been reading as much as I can and I'm trying to find as many answers to my questions as possible without wasting everyone's time with questions that have been asked and answered a thousand times. However I need help zeroing in on some basics.

My plan is to grow enough for myself. I'm thinking of using Rick Simpsonn's oil method to greatly reduce my dependency on pharmaceutical pain killers. I've concluded that an Indica/Sativa hybrid seed would be best for starters.

I have an 8x8x8 insulated shed with heat and electric available. From what I've read so far I need to construct smaller light reflective spaces for the best use of light. I can only use the shed from January until May. Here's my questions:

What would the optimum size be for the light reflective spaces?
How many plants per space?
It appears that HPS lights are the way to go. How many per space? What kind of fixture do I buy for them? And what kind of raise in my electric bill can I expect? I hope this isn't too much. Thanks

first off your light will determine the size of the space so you need to figure what size light you want.

I veg with T5's now, and yes for flower the HPS is the way to go. I have about a 4x4 space and it is lit with 1000 watts. A 600 and a 400. I started out too small with lights and had to go bigger.
Others will be by to tell you specifics. The fun begins!

well since you got a 8x8x8 that leaves you with 64 sq.ft. You want atleast 5k lumens per sq.ft. so 5k x 64 = 320000 lumens. I suggest going with 2 600 watt HPS Or maybe even 2 1k watt HPS depends. Because i believe 2 600 watts might not be enough for an 8x8 set up. But im sure someone whos more familiar with the lumen output per watt will chime in soon enough. But just to give you an idea. How many where you planning on growing? For the space i would recommend 8-10 plants.

Latest posts

Back