The come up.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceface

Space Cadet
Reaction score
hey everyone...hows doin?..well i just got back from my first trip to the hydro store..that place is awesome!!...and it didnt take a rocket scientist to tell what people in their were really growing...it just sucks that you cant just come flat out and say your needs in their...n-e-ways..i had no problems...the items i got are for my next grow outta hempy buckets...i got Earth Juice nutes...the grow and bloom formulas...i got some organic ph down...3 in rockwool cubes..a ph pen with the calibrating liquids......some cal-mag additive...and some perlite...but i think its the wrong kinda perlite because it is enriched with minerals and such...Art..you around buddy?...this is the wrong kinda perlite...isnt it?...and if so...can someone tell me where to get the right kind....all they had where i went was that miracle grow perlite...i will be growing some Mi5 autos from short stuff....all help and suggestions much appreciated as always....thanks...space....

dro1.jpg

dro2.jpg

If they had perlite there, prob the right kind. lets here more about your room, sq ft, lighting, etc etc. GL

thanks friends...nouvell...my light is a 400 watt hps/mh....my grow area is just a plain ol' closet...its dimension are roughly 3.5' x 2'....puffin..do you grow autos?...i hear some different things about the light control...spme are 24 on..some 18/6...can anyone recommend a setting?....again...thanks as always

Check out a landscape/garden supply place. I get 4cf bags of horticultural grade perlite for ~$17. Those little bags will eat you up $$$$ wise.

DD

thanks....yea it was $13 for 3 bags of it...next time ill see if one the nurseries in my area will have it...im gonna set up my buckets now and start germing the seeds..can i just soak the rockwool in tap water?...or does it have to be a water balanced at ph 5.5?...and when i calibrate my ph pen..should i put it in the cab. solution jar..or should i pour an inch of it into a cup and do it that way...sorry for all the questions...this is a new method as well as new tools for me and i dont wanna wreck nothing...again thanks...

Hey, space, nice haul from the hydro store! From the ph pen, it looks like you switched to dwc or some other hydro grow? No hempies with the perlite/vermiculite? Did you look at the hydroton? :hubba: I've been looking at that MI5 :). Actually meant to order it last order but I forgot. Good luck!

ART!!!...whats up buddy?...no...ima do hempy...just got the ph pen for when i mix up the nutes and such...i wanted hydroton but i forgot to look for it at the store...and i was starting to get a little careless on spending...i could tell from wifey's looks...but shes all about a good product just like me...so i opted for perlite at a home improv. store...so i really didnt need the ph pen huh?...

I don't check PH at all with hempies. I don't think GrowinGreen does, either. He'll check in once he sees you're using hempy buckets - he told me everything I know about them :hubba:. Or PM him. When he does, ask him about the verm/perl. I really like hydroton but it's all I've tried. Now that you're not nervous about the hydro store, go have a look :hubba:? It's pretty cheap and reusable (a few threads lately on cleaning used hydroton). Did you sprout the beans yet? Get a move on! Got room outside for a plant or 2? :D

great!!...thats nice to know i dont really need it...but i guess its a bonus!...and i loved the dro store!!...it was a bunch of guys in there around my age...(im 28)..there was even a dude manning the counter in a rasta hat!!..so no worries no more!!..and as soon as im done typing this post im get the beans going...Art may i ask your germ. method for auto seeds?...and there will always be room for a plant or 2!!!!...oh yea...almost forgot...do you soak your rock overnite?...and in just tap water?...thanks

I germ in wet paper towels in a a ziplock baggy sitting on top of the coffee maker (it keeps water hot all the time :)). Otherwise, a heating pad. The hydroton needs soaking. 24 hours and rinse till runoff is clean. I'll find the link about cleaning/reusing hydroton - great thread! It was a 2 bucket method. The rockwool needs soaking overnight, too.

ph w/ 5.5 ro, unless your positive on your tap water having a low ppm. under 100

yeah you dont need to be PHin till your nuting...
LH

thanks LH...yea i kinda figured that...another question tho...i soaked my grodan cubes last nite and drained them this morning...they are still retaining tons of water...do i squeeze the water out or just let them be?....thanks....Space

Do you have a humidity tray or dome for it ready? I just put the rockwool on a small plate and put a dark plastic cup over it. It should be warm enough (and moist enough) to get condensation on the sides and top of the cup after an hour or two. If you have a bunch, look at those propagation trays with a clear plastic lid at wally world. I think I paid $5 for mine.

yes i do Art...its a plate with just a big tupperware container thats gonna cover it...but my seeds didnt crack yet..

:D After the soak, I rinse the rockwool under tap water for a little while.

great!!...thanks as always Art...i cant wait for my seeds to crack...hopefully later tonite or tommorow....

hey there spaceface :) i understand your urge for spending i used to be like that when i firt grew i have loads of stuff i never really needed :laugh: however now i save every $ i could. if you still havent opened the ph pen maybe you could still return it with refund? use the cash to get useful stuff like the hydroton or some lime to stabilize soil ph or watever, you always need something new thats why i advise you to start thinking this way that every $ you save could be used to get more useful stuff and believe me you NEVER get all you need, theres always one more thing you would need for instance you would later need some climate control like A/C heater, dehumidifier fans etc.. also many equipment for every step of growth shears storage containers, hashbags etc...etc... they dont end man :) and since your in soil i suggest you look in normal gardening and agriculture stores, you would find things probably cheaper than hydro store and it will be less suspicious about the kind of grow your doing ;) hope this helps, cheers

Latest posts

Back