The plant that wouldnt DIE....... needs a lil help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Lotus

God Of Thunder
Reaction score
Remember the 3 leaf plant that wouldnt die? My project plant....
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29454

Since Im making a new thing for a new closet grow.... I just bundled
up 6 CFL's that were being used for the other plants I scrapped just
to see if this would grow. I also supercropped it at an early age.

I added some mushroom compost to cover up the 3" of stem that
all the leaves had fell off, and put it under some light. 24/0
Soil it was in was, MG moisture rich, regular potting soil.

Well its growing... But the top leaves are looking thin, Like they are
starving maybe? I know I have enough space between the leaves
and lights.... And plenty of fan air blowing on it the whole time.
I there some fertilizer I can pick up at walmart or something tonight?

This plant, Is for fun I guess until I get my other stuff setup. But
its good motivation for sure.

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00181.JPG

looks like some nute burn there for sure iron lotus. what is that medium your growing in? i read about coco noir earlier, is that it? just give 'em a good 'ol flush, and you should be good to go. they do look awfully dry.

banjobuzz said:
looks like some nute burn there for sure iron lotus. what is that medium your growing in? i read about coco noir earlier, is that it? just give 'em a good 'ol flush, and you should be good to go. they do look awfully dry.

Hey, Well its like, Some parts of it are growing good, The top is struggling now, The leaves arent forming out big like they should...

The dead stuff doesnt bother me too bad, I just want the good stuff
to keep growing good and form nicely at the top. Its getting
sprouts everywhere on it too.

The soil is MG moisture rich. It started to grow pretty good when I put
it under these lights, I have enough light on it, So something else is keeping the new top leaves from gettin big like they should. I added 3" of mushroom compost to cover up the stem from where most of the dead stuff had fell off.

IMO mang ditch that bark its not letting sufficient air into the soil its blocking it.... thats why if you want to kill a weed in you garden you cover the ground with mulch chips its blocks light and air from getting in. second it looks like there is a heat issue around your plants top that folding up of the leafs makes me think that the other option is its a pH imbalance, but seeing how they twist at the end makes me think heat. The plant also looks more sativa dominant with long thin leafs so if you were thinking indica they wont fatten up or out. id raise the lights a bit, get out the sticks form the potter, poke a few aeration holes in the soil make sure shes watered well and given some time to recoup. MOJO ;)

Well, I have a little update.... Heres what its doing now, I have 1/4 of my CFL setup done, Then I can try again with like 4 new seeds... The stem is so hard on it probably from supercropping it early on, Feels like a small tree, No way I could squeeze it, Its like a pencil. I also topped it once and 3-4 new growth started jumping up..... Just watering it, Nothing else right now..

Never thought it would make it this far..... Is it even worth keeping?

Thanks to those who reply... I really appreciate the input I know its just a single plant that wouldnt Die, But its kind of like my pre-test before I try it again so it has some importance :)

DSC00224.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

DSC00219.JPG

DSC00215.JPG

DSC00216.JPG

DSC00217.JPG

DSC00222.JPG

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

Thanks everyone who didnt respond:)

But heres an update on the plant above, and also a couple sprouts I started.

Id like to know when I should start to flower the plant to find out sex.
The other sprouts I did, I gave up hope on them and a couple of them
due to lack of light, actually started to sprout hairs and started
smelling of skunk. too bad there was only the top few sprouts because
I thought the plant had died so I pulled off all the stuff and sat it to the side. Its only like 6 inches tall, Probably couldnt get a bowl pack off of it, But jeez it would have been a sicknasty plant.:hubba: 3 leafs, and stinky
to be so small.

Anyway when Can I flower the one that this whole thread has been about... I'll include some pics. Havent been around, I have a new son... and were moving into a house.... But somebody try to reply this time that would be decent.:D The plant is about 20" tall from the top of the dirt. Its probably a male... everything else has went wrong, Maybe that will too :eek:

DSC00352.JPG

DSC00353.JPG

DSC00354.JPG

DSC00355.JPG

DSC00356.JPG

DSC00358.JPG

DSC00348.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00363.JPG

hello Iron Lotus. congrats on the new baby bro.:) . was wonderin where you went. you can throw that puppy on 12/12 any time now.
let me suggest something I.L. , get some different soil. when you do a transplant in a couple weeks on the young-uns', use a mix of some potting soil, perlite, and dolomite lime. some worm castings if avail. , and ditch that woody stuff your using. IMO.
you could be looking at a 5-6 footer there when finished. i've had great results with mg outside, but would'nt try it in my indoor...bb...
EDIT> ease up on watering the little ones too...

banjobuzz said:
hello Iron Lotus. congrats on the new baby bro.:) . was wonderin where you went. you can throw that puppy on 12/12 any time now.
let me suggest something I.L. , get some different soil. when you do a transplant in a couple weeks on the young-uns', use a mix of some potting soil, perlite, and dolomite lime. some worm castings if avail. , and ditch that woody stuff your using. IMO.
you could be looking at a 5-6 footer there when finished. i've had great results with mg outside, but would'nt try it in my indoor...bb...
EDIT> ease up on watering the little ones too...

Thanks mang:48:

I'll start it on 12/12 in the next couple days.
I gotta find a light source for the little plants they are under
the same fixture now so ... I guess I wasnt thinking far enough ahead.
The bigger one was sprouted and grown in MG organic stuff, then when I changed it out I just broke it up and added alot of scotts top soil and 3/8th's was the mushroom compost stuff, Which I noticed sticks together and clumps up more than top soil. I went in lowes and home depot, Neither had perlite,,,,, I dont even know why. Said they hadent seen any in "a couple weeks". ***? :rolleyes: Im sure somebody has it by now though.

What mixture ratio should I use for when I transplant the little ones?
And I do need to ease up on the little ones, The biggest little one is having a little bit of burn from the fert. I wanted to jump start them I guess, I really should not do it everytime, but it garantees not to burn if used in the right doses, per gallon. Everything up to this point has been on 24/0 so my biggest problem is 12/12 for the big one, And the others keeping light, I would move the big one out to somewhere else everytime But I suppose its bad to move it around like that all the time

hey man... congrats on fatherhood :tokie:

you have a problem... you need a separate veg and flower chamber if you want to have more than one cycle going at the same time... and is that growing chamber your using lightproof?... because it needs to be... do you have a timer for the lights?

vegging is easy... flowering requires a little more... intensity.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
hey man... congrats on fatherhood :tokie:

you have a problem... you need a separate veg and flower chamber if you want to have more than one cycle going at the same time... and is that growing chamber your using lightproof?... because it needs to be... do you have a timer for the lights?

vegging is easy... flowering requires a little more... intensity.

Im not new to father hood though. He has a big sister whos 15 months old, And shes the biggest daddy's girl you can imagine... And the blue-est eyes Ive ever seen.

I know I need to seperate them thats why I said I should have planned ahead better, I didnt really expect the sprouts to start doing decent and I had thought about vegging even longer, But I havent smoked in probably 2 weeks and Im about ready to see if the big one is a female or not.

Its hard to build a light proof box and still be able to get to the things I need in the closet. My wife already bitches from time to time about it. Another good thing about moving into a house with a basement:D My delima is, Where to relocate the little ones where my daughter wont play in the dirt and make a huge mess when im not looking:) We have 3 closets and then the hot water room is like a storage closet where the plant is at now and thats where it is least likely to be disturbed.

Also, im always raising the light fixture, So I need an enclosure that will allow me to do that, I thought about hanging a thick sheet around the light fixture like a skirt to contain the light, or connecting some more of those coca-cola signs around it like walls, they can be easily moved and contain some light as well. They are white on the sides that dont have the coke stickers and price on them haha.

I am getting a timer for sure. If not I was always good about keeping the same time each day when I was doing the 16/8 schedule. Im trying to be innovative and come up with a way to make all this work so I can have
some bud to toke on soon :eek:

well... all I can suggest... and it's probably yer easiest, and cheapest route... is to build a small box and install a fan and CFL's ... as in my clone box http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23230 ... of course, yours doesn't have to be this elaborate or big, but you get the idea. the box was built into the corner of a room, enclosing a recepticle, so it's unmovable. yours could be built anywhere, and simply have power run to it from the nearest available power source. doing it this way, (using a rigid box) you can make it lighproof and be able to flower. :cool:

That crazy vancouver guy said:
well... all I can suggest... and it's probably yer easiest, and cheapest route... is to build a small box and install a fan and CFL's ... as in my clone box http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23230 ... of course, yours doesn't have to be this elaborate or big, but you get the idea. the box was built into the corner of a room, enclosing a recepticle, so it's unmovable. yours could be built anywhere, and simply have power run to it from the nearest available power source. doing it this way, (using a rigid box) you can make it lighproof and be able to flower. :cool:

Yeah thats what Im going to end up doing crazy guy. Ive heard of guys 12/12ing from sprout stage too. But Then I wouldnt get much off my young ones. I have 4 more lights to put in my fixture, Which will make 20 lights. They are in a four square, 5 bulb per square pattern. I have to get some sort of light source for my young ones now or else run them 12/12 with the big plant until I make another smaller fixture for vegging.

Im going to use the one in the pics for the big one, it looks like its gonna take up most of it, they say the plant gets alot bigger during 12/12 and fattens up... I sure do hope it turns out to be a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:48:

Latest posts

Back