The Texas rainy season....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
I know that lots of you are probably in areas where severe weather effects your grow greatly. Well, I happen to be in one of those areas. Texas is just getting SLAMMED over the last month with rain rain rain. It's always like this at this time of year, but what I'm really worried about is hurricanes. We always seem to be in the path of imminent disaster... but we always seem to just get the run-off from those storms.

My question is this:
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep my now outdoor plants protected? Is it possible that the rain will overwater my plants and kill them?

I wouldn't be so worried about this if my plants had STARTED outside, but since they were pampered indoor plants and are now outdoor plants I'm a bit worried. They have spent their young lives under optimal light in optimal conditions, and now they are "thrown to the elements" so to speak. I am worried about a hurricane. If there is one, does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep them safe? Or how to prevent the overwatering from the rain?

Thanks,
Metalchick :hubba:

hI
Generally plants can handle rain and will strengthen their stems in the process of supporting the extra weight of water. If the soil has good drainage then overwatering will not be a problem. Unless they are really tiny

Texas is a hot place like here and if they are strong they will handle it. Nature will take its course so to speak, support with sticks as a resort if you feel that they look like they will break. Then remove when the weather is better to allow natural strength,

As far as hurricaines are concerned. If you lose your house you will def lose your plants. Put them in a sheltered area with trees or bushes as a wind break.

Make a frame to cover from rain with tent material or something if you are worried about the rain. But make sure it wont collapse and smash you babes,

Nico

My husband suggested using a tent, but not a camping tent... like the ones you buy to take to the beach that are more or less just lean-to's. I though that might work, but the problem is that because the rain comes and goes, it could protect them one minute and block the sun in the next.... so the plants won't be getting what they need to survive. I'm considering just bringing them back inside at this point, but I don't want to because they seem to be so much happier outside.

~Metalchick

Unless it is trashing your plants I would leave them to the elements.

if they are in pots you could put covers over the pots to stop over watering
How big are they.

Nothing better than the SUN.

My outdoor grow http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14543 its has rained havily here too and they survived.

Nico

They'll be huge from all the rain fall. I'd leave them alone as long as they're not in flower. In flower, too much moisture can cause bud rot:(.

Latest posts

Back