thinking about dropping to 600 watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedagain714

Reaction score
im currently using 1000 watt digital.reading a lot,it is obvious that 600 watt system is more efficient.would i lose much on yeild if i drop down to 600 watts. that said i plan on dropping my room size to3.5 ft by 3.5 ft.ive only been growing 5 to 7 plants at a time anyway.

A 600 should do very well in a 3.5 x 3.5 imo, even a 4x4.

I think you will see a slight drop in yield if nothing else changes.
If you were yielding 500g with the 1000 watt light, you will yield 300g with the 600 watt light, quite a big difference imo

Yield will go down, and I say that because when I first got my 4x4x6.5 flowering tent my first run was with just a 600w in a cool tube. Yield was okay but I could tell the outer plants were not getting enough lumens. I did the next run with a 400w in a standard reflector thrown in the mix. Yield was way better and I have stayed at 1000w since. You are in a smaller space so I really think just a 600w and some well trained plants and you would be set. This being said I don't know if i would ditch the 1000w digi if it meant having to buy a 600w. If I had one laying around and wanted to drop my power consumption a bit i would switch it out, but i would not go out and buy one to replace the 1000w I had. All of that is just my opinion though.

1k watt all day long. Bigger is better sometimes, for real.

While everyone talks about the increased efficiency of a 600W over a 1000W, the actual difference in lumens per watt is actually quite small. If you go from a 1000W to a 600W, you can probably expect your yield to drop accordingly--40% less light probably translates to 40% less yield.

that is scary,i was thinking that if I had a smaller room.i would still have about 7000 lumens per square foot and I wouldn't lose that much yield.if im wrong please let me know.before I spend my money on the system.as I said same amount of plants,same lumens per foot

stonedagain714 said:
that is scary,i was thinking that if I had a smaller room.i would still have about 7000 lumens per square foot and I wouldn't lose that much yield.if im wrong please let me know.before I spend my money on the system.as I said same amount of plants,same lumens per foot

If you drop the lumens, you will be dropping your yield. Unless you change other things drastically, there is really no reason to believe that you are not going to get approx the same amount of grams per watt...therefore, if you drop your lighting by 40%, I anticipate that your yield will drop by the same ratio...I don't see the same yield from 40% less light.

i was hoping for about 20% loss.you have been on this forum for a long time and i value your advise,so ill stick with the 1000 watts.thanks

Latest posts

Back