This guy pissed me off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alshuray1

dr.greenthumb
Reaction score
this guy is trying to tell me that my 400 watt setup
is impossible to work
"he's bin growing for 5 years using flouro's
and he's gotten alright crop. edit that
i put hard work and research into this grow box
i want quality edit the quantity
he's trying to tell me i should rebuild using is flouro set up
i know i know :fid:
but still i know im a newb but he's trying to discredit me
and this site
not cool dude :hitchair:

EDIT
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html <--- "click"

im still a beginner myself and still learnin somethin new every day im on here but IMO i dont think he knows wat hes talkin bout. no exp wit hps here myself but i have read many many facts and seen many many pix as well as videos that distinctly show that hps would IMO be hella better for quantity and quality. its kinda a 2 for 1 and a no brainer. i mean literally. ... more lumens per wat
less heat per lumens
and better spectrum per watt. all around less heat less energy and more lumens.
id just ignore him.
if he seems to think he's some miogi master at growing and wants to say floro's better then he obviously is teh type who knows your lack of knowledge bein a beginner an bein he prolly cant afford a hps himself or watever reason he aint got one he's thinkin he can take advantage of ya lack of knowledge and decieve you just to make himself look like he some bad ***
lol seriouly jmo.

dont get me wrong i am usin cfl's myself and seem to be havin results worth it in my mind but i also havent seen wit my own eyes nor experienced an hps up close to actually sit an argue wit anyone bout it bein better than hps.
but yet theres advantages and disadvantages to both really.
just depends on ya grow space size and how you do ya thing really, as well.

Yo Ho alshuray1,

I wouldn't sweat the rants dude, Truth in growing as this old box-cropper has learned from the best, is that flouro's, or should I say grow tubes are certainly very good for the vegging. I use six 4 footers, that are for growing, and the plants love them.

I have added to the mix an Illuminator tri LED 8/2 blue to red ratio, and now the babies are just looking like it's all a little too good, ya know what I mean ?

That 400 watt Hps will work well mixed with the flouro's when you are ready to switch over to flowering. I suspect that you will certainly see some dense bud come out with your set-up.
You know we are glad to have ya here, just remember that you can't make everyone happy, but it's cool to try to share knowledge, and just travel through the wonderland of primo growth. Horticulture is so fun, and you can get too seriously addicted to it.. Don't think that it can happen to you ? Just ask how many here would like nothing better than putting up a hammock right in there with there grows... LOL Can't wait to hear how you do, please keep us up on all that you experience with it cause we get pumped on your good success.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

just tell your friend to come to this site, we will set him straight right quick :)

more lumens per watt
less heat generated per watt used
better light spectrum for flowering plants
since they put out more lumens per watt, they are cheaper to fun than fluros

Dont get me wrong, fluro grows have advantages; multiple light sources, easier control of light distribution, more control over total amount of lihgt being used, etc.
But if you give me a choice between flowering a plant with a 400wattHPS or 400watts of fluros, I will take the HPS every time.

You got 2 groups. Like Ford/Chevy, Coke/Pepsi, and any other rival.

Each to hardheaded to listen to the other.

My first and current light is a 1kw hps on perm loan from a family member. when he set me up he was telling me how he bought the hps at the end of his growing and didnt see much a reason to get more. he had grown for 20 years with floros. so i tell him a couple times about floros being inferior and about some supercropping techniques. always he told me a year of experience is worth more than you'll ever read. which is true to a point.

The other day he comes by for a third checkup since he gave me the equipment. he was stopped dead, dumbfounded by the buds in front of him. he just hadn't seen it before. in all his years of growing good bud, he had never seen plants such as mine. I am of course a stupid kid who is by no means a growing god or anything. He had even used good genetics from oldschool mail order suppliers.

The first time he came by he looked at my plants and said "aw man, you have ll these sat-iv-uh's, those are trash producers you need the indica types". You see he had be brought up in the mid 80s and early 90s growing tech. right when people found out about eastern genetics and indoor growing. jump to my current crop and he is oggling 2 plants, 1 a 3 foot bat type sativa with fimmed buds(not branches) that is 4 thick all the way up, and a 3 foot spear that is a uniform rod 2.5 in diameter, no variation, no sprawling, just one 2.5' bud. In that one moment his whole world was rocked. such interesting sativa, grown indoors at that!

Moral of the story, no matter how good your bud is producing under floros, HID can take it to the next level. and always be open to new and old tek

:ciao: KK, dat really you??? Where ya been hidding bro? Haven't seen much of you around in the last.... Well, a while.. :D Hope all's well.

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho alshuray1,

I wouldn't sweat the rants dude, Truth in growing as this old box-cropper has learned from the best, is that flouro's, or should I say grow tubes are certainly very good for the vegging. I use six 4 footers, that are for growing, and the plants love them.

I have added to the mix an Illuminator tri LED 8/2 blue to red ratio, and now the babies are just looking like it's all a little too good, ya know what I mean ?

That 400 watt Hps will work well mixed with the flouro's when you are ready to switch over to flowering. I suspect that you will certainly see some dense bud come out with your set-up.
You know we are glad to have ya here, just remember that you can't make everyone happy, but it's cool to try to share knowledge, and just travel through the wonderland of primo growth. Horticulture is so fun, and you can get too seriously addicted to it.. Don't think that it can happen to you ? Just ask how many here would like nothing better than putting up a hammock right in there with there grows... LOL Can't wait to hear how you do, please keep us up on all that you experience with it cause we get pumped on your good success.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

SPEARCHUCKER said:
You got 2 groups. Like Ford/Chevy, Coke/Pepsi, and any other rival.

Each to hardheaded to listen to the other.

Hey, Spearchuker, you should start a Coffee Table thread around that. I'll go next:
Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

Take it all in stride my friend. Everyone has their own opinion so don't worry about it too much. It's all about trying different things and finding what you like to use. Experiment a bit and see what you like. Don't worry about what he likes..It's your grow. Hope to see you around the forums. Take care and bes safe.

While I think fluoros are good for vegging, HPS is superior for flowering.

The simple facts are that lumen for lumen fluoros cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, and produce less bud. I do not know anyone who has flowered with both fluoros and HPS that believes that fluoros are better.

alshuray1 said:
this guy is trying to tell me that my 400 watt setup
is impossible to work
"he's bin growing for 5 years using flouro's
and he's gotten alright crop. f*** that
i put hard work and research into this grow box
i want quality f*** the quantity
he's trying to tell me i should rebuild using is flouro set up
i know i know :fid:
but still i know im a newb but he's trying to discredit me
and this site
not cool dude :hitchair:

PLease watch your language, there are ladies present.

Look it is a learning experience growing...I read all I can and have trial and failure experiences...however I do not like an EXPERT telling me a 400 watt system and green house that I shelled out 1<600 bucks on will not work..I know it does and has...we all cant have !,000 watt halides and !,000 ft. greenhouses....Farmer Dave..I have spoken

I've done everything but hydro indoors

Answer to your question.. designed timer sprinkler systems outdoors.

To quote Kurt Russell the saying goes.. " Its all in the water pressure."

"...... errr reflexes.

Wow talk about coincidence. I just built a green house too.

Your amazing? Do you live in Colorado by chance?

And yes I have tomatoes in it.

My baddest grow depending how you describe bad was...

Under the stairs my early test grows where I tried everything including cholorox... ammonia... testing all kinds of containers different sizes .. some with clear plastic .. i.e.. liter pop containers.... don't waste your time unless you want to study root developement and bugs.

oh yeah.. compost inside is bad thing.

so are snails....

I grew bagseed sativas. lights were concentrated.

70w hps 150 hps
had levels of plants

Aww, Farmer Dave, you've gotten some great feedback here, and I hope, some encouragement to realize that there are many different ways to grow herb, and you should not be made to feel what you are doing is not worth doing.

I'm a newbie, first grow, and all I can afford now are fluoros, though I'm saving up for decent HID's. But for now, I'm stuck with what I have, and struggling to find creative ways to make it work.

On other forums, I was told what I was trying to do was impossible, and that I was simply wasting my time, and they had no time for anyone who didn't have the $$ for a serious investment to grow serious weed.

But then, I found this site, and I bloomed. The plants bloomed, too. 21 seeds, 21 females. Each step of the way, I found encouragement here, even from those who seriously may have questioned my sanity.

I'm doing a combination indoor-outdoor grow, in order to tap the natural sunlight, and I'm doing it in one of the hottest desert areas, and I'm growing both sativa-dominant and indica-dominant strains. I have to work hard to keep the plants from overheating, from getting scorched, from letting the soil get too dry and hot, yadda yadda. Shade tents, wet layers of newspapers, you name it.

Yet, tonight, as I brought my 18 plants inside for their 12 hour dark period, I was amazed at how many flowers are on every node of every branch of every plant. The LSTing, supercropping, FIMming--paid off in spades, and I got all that information here on this forum.

This is an amazing place--so supportive, so helpful to those who are serious about learning to grow, who take time to do their research and follow advice.

So, don't fret that your "friend" is peeing in your cheerios--there are many roads that lead to the same end, and you'll learn from whatever road you choose, and every successive grow you'll learn even more. And I have no doubt with your 400 watt HPS you're going to get some amazing smoke from it. How I'd LOOOOOVE to have a 400 watt HPS!

Rock on, and kick back, and know you found a great new home. MP is the best forum out there--supportive and knowledgeable.

mh to veg hps to flower is what most ppl will say..and thy are right...i do both tho with hps and grow some good bud...i can't see growing indoor's with out any thing less then a hid bulb be waist my time and money..imo...

Latest posts

Back