Tiny White Flies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3

Stoned Senior Member
Reaction score
The other day I checked my grow, when I shook my plants a ton of tiny white flies flew. Anyone know what they are & how to get rid of them? My plants are in the middle of budding & I dont want to spray a chem. on them. What do you guys think?:hubba:

To me this sounds like fungus knats, I use yellow sticky traps to kill them, this late in flower I'd just get some sticky traps and put one in each plant pot! It shouldn't effect your yield to much at all in my expierece, I find them to be a niusance more than anything!

Phatpharmer

Reactions: D3
"sticky traps" don't cure the problem Adult gnats are no threat to your plants. The larva feed on the micro roots in the soil. THAT is where the threat lies, and should be where you direct your attack.
Fungus gnats are a sign of over watering in most cases. Keeping the top 2 inches of soil relatively dry will prevent/eliminate them. An inch of 'clean' sand, or perlite will help. Or a dusting of diatomaceous earth and watering from the bottom.

I understand that about soil, but I'm growing aeroflo. I've never had this problem growing hydro.. This is strange to have this problem with hydro..

whoa!.. then I reckon you can discount just about everything "I" said..:p

Hick, no problem dude. I havn't been here in a while, there's alot of new people. I've been putting in a pool at my home so I've been kind of busy. WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT!

DLM3 said:
I've been putting in a pool at my home. WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT!

don't you know you never put your pool where the sun don't shine? :D

yes, i am one of the "new" ones! Hi!:cool:

you sure they aren't white flies?
FF Dont Bug Me will do the job safely.
good luck... bugs in your soup sux.:p

Latest posts

Back