to share, or not to share....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah its a tough spot, i might have to be the "bad" guy.

Honestly if he is that bad about whining you are doing him a favor by making him do it for himself. If he gets use to hand outs all the time he has a rude awakening ahead of him in real life when bro ain't there to give it to him all the time. Teach him and let him go.

I did this with a friend of mine and he appreciates it everyday because it forced him to be a man.

I am going to take a different approach to it.

What if, now bare with me here, he wants you to come over to check the PH and stuff, so that he gets to see his brother on a common ground?

Maybe he likes to spend time with you. I don't know him personally so I can't really speak for his conviction and personality traits.

We all know, things that are shown one way may be hiding an ulterior motive. It doesn't always make it a bad one.

BUT in case I missed something (probably did, because I scan threads) if he is constantly wanting clones, take the time to show him how to clone it the right way and keep a mom plant alive. (diff strain than yours if you're worried about it). That way you know he knows how to do it right.

If he messes up, it's on his head and his responsibility.

Why treat him like family when is chooses not to treat you like family. Over charging and trying to make a buck off you. I would definitely give him clones but charge. I'm sure its something he wouldn't expect and maybe he'll learn!! Sounds like what you want to do!!

You say "he likes to sell it", "it's" yours. He's making money off of your work, your genetics, and your hard earned experience. You may believe you taught him what he needs to do to be a successful grower but apparently not. I have a feeling that this guys gonna' learn an important lesson from the justice system, (you better hope he don't rat you out, after all, it's all your fault, isn't it?)
As far as being the "bad guy", I would'nt worry about it. If he's any kind of brother he'll understand the gravy train has left the station and it's time to contribute or be on the outside looking in.
Best of luck, family can be a pain in the backside at times.

kaotik said:
if you really don't want to share.. "sorry bro, i'm having troubles (or hearing of troubles) cloning these genetics, it may be wise if you just bought some of your own.. i wouldn't want you just waiting and hoping on these"
done.

KO's got it!

I would do this... Every time I cracked a pack of beans, I would keep two moms. The best cut, and the worst cut. Then, when he comes looking for babies, make a big deal of cutting them off the 'not so great' cut. Just tell him those are your 'give away' clones, and that the other mom is reserved for you and you only;) Then make sure he gets to see just how great your cut is, everytime you get the chance.

Another thing you might try is give him the clones with a smile and all the brotherly love you can muster, and just tell him "Hey bro, next rounds on you, I ain't doing nothing new and I'm countin' on ya buddy. Don't let me down.." and see what he comes up with.

One more thing might be just to give him a mother and say "There buddy, you're on your own"!

Ok, thought of this too...

You could really mess with his head and put the DWC away for a while.. Get some happy frog and try a soil grow for one round, them offer him clones rooted in soil...

Or.. If you dare, right before he comes over, over fert the heck out of them. They'll look fine for a few days, then fry out. Then you just shrug and say yeah, that's really, really wierd:confused:

nvthis said:
Ok, thought of this too...

You could really mess with his head and put the DWC away for a while.. Get some happy frog and try a soil grow for one round, them offer him clones rooted in soil...

Or.. If you dare, right before he comes over, over fert the heck out of them. They'll look fine for a few days, then fry out. Then you just shrug and say yeah, that's really, really wierd:confused:
sabatoge clones, hehe, thats not bad. what happens is he knows how to clone, sohe might say "give me the cutting and ill root it". but i do like your way of thinking. got anymore?

Heh heh, you could find yourself some cheap crazy sat, tell him it's the bomb but he's gotta let it veg for a month or he'll get no yield. By the time things start going bad he'll be so far into it he won't be able to pull up. It would be the grow from hell. Then, at about week 8, when things are starting to look pretty good, go ahead and mention that it's a 17 week strain:rofl:

Dude will never ask you for another thing for as long as he lives ;)

Ok, try this..

You could actually turn this to your advantage...

Have you ever been interested in making your own crosses? A little pollen chucking maybe?

You could always make him your own little test *****. This can be very productive for you. It won't do him much good. He'll never have consistant product.

nvthis said:
Ok, try this..

You could actually turn this to your advantage...

Have you ever been interested in making your own crosses? A little pollen chucking maybe?

You could always make him your own little test *****. This can be very productive for you. It won't do him much good. He'll never have consistant product.
im not sure what you meen in detail, but i get the idea. maybe i can have him come get clones that have just been cut with no roots....he likes to use root tone....let him take the cutting home, but before he gets here let them sit in some bleach.

You can test it out first and see how it works... But bleach always has the smell.... Maybe iso?

so you wanna give him clones that are sabatoged to die??

why bother??

at first you didnt wanna charge him $$$ because he was family, now you wanna sabotage him, im confussed, help him or dont, but dont sabotage him.

peace

dman1234 said:
so you wanna give him clones that are sabatoged to die??

why bother??

at first you didnt wanna charge him $$$ because he was family, now you wanna sabotage him, im confussed, help him or dont, but dont sabotage him.

peace
lol, i know, im just ganna have to tell him hes gotta start things by himself for now on. that he needs to learn by trial and error just like everyone else.

He is your Brother. Even your devious thoughts effect that relation. You're worried about 300 bucks or a few pieces of a plant? Teach him to give not sell. Be an example without shoving it in his face. Tell him you love him and would do anything for him then show him. Give him the best, if it kills them give him the healthiest. Are you really worried about the cash or the sticks? Is your hard work and knowledge only for your benefit? Is he really your Brother? Don't let how you think he should be affect the way you should be.

My best friend (RIP) went through this with another friend of ours. My BF just finally sat the other friend down and told him...look if you and I both grow the same strains...we aren't getting anywhere. How about I grow mine, and you pick out 2 or 3...then we have more variety going. Whatever works out we can swap back and forth.

My friends and I will swap clones but if you don't have anything I want...or vice versa...it's 20 bucks a clone. Thats just the way it is in our circles.

On the other side of that coin though...if you happen to come over when I'm trimming stuff up, and you want to take a few cuts home and root them, then by all means help yourself...but if I put time and effort into getting it to root, and you don't have anything to trade...then it's 20 man...

screwdriver said:
He is your Brother. Even your devious thoughts effect that relation. You're worried about 300 bucks or a few pieces of a plant? Teach him to give not sell. Be an example without shoving it in his face. Tell him you love him and would do anything for him then show him. Give him the best, if it kills them give him the healthiest. Are you really worried about the cash or the sticks? Is your hard work and knowledge only for your benefit? Is he really your Brother? Don't let how you think he should be affect the way you should be.
your way off, but thanks for poppin in.

legalize_freedom said:
My best friend (RIP) went through this with another friend of ours. My BF just finally sat the other friend down and told him...look if you and I both grow the same strains...we aren't getting anywhere. How about I grow mine, and you pick out 2 or 3...then we have more variety going. Whatever works out we can swap back and forth.

My friends and I will swap clones but if you don't have anything I want...or vice versa...it's 20 bucks a clone. Thats just the way it is in our circles.

On the other side of that coin though...if you happen to come over when I'm trimming stuff up, and you want to take a few cuts home and root them, then by all means help yourself...but if I put time and effort into getting it to root, and you don't have anything to trade...then it's 20 man...
that sounds like my cup of tea, thank you!

I, myself, would hook him up with clones but no way would i be responsible for using my equipment to upkeep his crop. Seems ridiculous. If you're the one checking and balancing the PH then it's your crop as far as i'm concerned.
And if the clones are an issue, ask how much of the bud you are gonna get in return. If he gets weird, in your best godfather voice, tell him, 'It's not personal....it's business!'

Latest posts

Back