to share, or not to share....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give him the clones and then take half of the product or just charge him $20.00 per clone
either way you need 2 get something for your hard work and exp...

loolagigi said:
ok, before i start...i believe that if you give..bud/beans/clones to someone it makes the world a better place. thats being said, lets get back.
i have been growing for a few years now. i hav a younger brother who has followed my footsteps. i have taught him about dwc and he has had one decent grow. well, a few monthes back i told him to go on hd and pick out a few trains and i would have them shipped with my strains. he said,"i just want clones from yours". now i spent 300 bucks on my seeds, plus the time and research to make this all happen. he does no research, just riding my coat tales, which is fine exept. when i would have him get me street bud he would over charge me, or always find a way to make a buck. i feel like im being too giving, and being taken advantage of by now. i just sprouted my four strains i recieved and hes just waiting for me to veg them so i can give him clones. now, lets say i charge him for the clones...i dont want to hes my brother, but he needs to learn on his own. his parents,{we have diff moms}, has always covered his butt even though he is an adult now.
what do i tell him withought him crying about it? am i wrong? i dont feel like i should give him clones when he puts forth no effort, but at the same time i want to keep things cosher. let me know, i have been pondering over this for a while and dont know what to do. so i came to the best place on the planet. Loola

I did the same thing with my younger brother and he never did order any of his own seeds. the whole idea was so we could share genes and have some fun in the process. I eventually got sick of spending money and him skating along on my coat tails. Turns out he lost everything I did give him because he too found it to be much easier to have me help him than do his own research. Now I just grow only for me and gift a few buds here and there.

I'd say "Dude, I love you, but don't think you are going to step through my blood sweat, tears and money for your own little farm, no way. I put a lot into my plants to get them to the cloning stage. I'll kick down, but you need to cough up XX.XX for each clone to pay your fair share and then you need to make a mother out of one of them so you will have clones of your own. That's fair. Or, I can tell you the best place to order your own beans..."

Latest posts

Back