To throw in dirt or rockwool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoDak

Reaction score
i think the screw in my pH pen is broke. I waned to use rockwool and with thatI'm to use the rockwool solution. My question is, do i have to use the solution? is there a way i can probably drop them in rockwool without the pH being at 5.5?

The seeds germinated today ad the white rootip is fairly long. At the point, I usually put the seeds in rockwool in the dark under a ziplock bag for humidity and moisture (with a heating pad), then I remove the bag once the seed sprout from out the rockwool.

can i just put it in dirt with ziplock bag over it and remove it when seed sprout?

plz help!

You can put it in a non nuted medium. Do you have anything (soil)without fertilizer in it?

Others that know more then me will be along shortly.

The dirt i have is humboldt earth. im not sure if it has fertilizers in it already. the link below is the dirt i have

hxxp://dlwholesale.com/product_info.php?products_id=1042

Rosebud said:
You can put it in a non nuted medium. Do you have anything (soil)without fertilizer in it?

Others that know more then me will be along shortly.

Ive not PH the rockwool when I clone...I just soak the cubes for 24 plus hrs than squeeze them dry and soaked again in fresh water...Not sure why you cant do that with seeds..mojo for the grow

:48:

the root tips are kinda long. u think i can wait 24hrs? and just to clarify, are you saying that you ONLY soak the rockwool in water?

I don't know what rockwool solution is but I start my seeds directly in rockwool. I use RODI water now but used to use tap water, I don't notice any real difference.

personaly if you germed them already and your growing in soil why bother with rockwool, usualy people use it as a seed starter much like rapid rooters, but they arnt necessary, this plant has grown in the wild in soil for thousands of years dont worry about the soil hurting them, just poke a hole with a pen or your pinkey, drop it in gently and cover gently with a bit of dirt and wait, it will pop up, i dont even bother with rock wool or rapid rooters half the time, just streight into roots organic or fox farms happy frog soil and they pop just fine. so dont be scared if your used to them being in a cube of rockwool then dropped into a pot of soil, just skip the rockwool, its not going to make or break the plant just let nature do its thing.

Latest posts

Back