Tom-tom's Godzilla Hydro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom-tom

Reaction score
ok first off ill start by listing what im useing,

genral hydroponics water culture drip system
floragro 2-1-6 , floramicro5-0-1 , florabloom0-5-4
grodan gro-blocks beter known as rockawool
hydroton

LIGHTS ,,,,four 48in 32 watt t8 bulbs,
light out put on the floros 2,800x4

HPS,,,, 70watt,hps

PLANT GROWNSHOW 65WATT,,,,it has like a bluesh tint to it that the plants seem to realy love

TOTAL LUMS=?

Ok i planted the seedlings in the rockwool about a week ago once in the rockawool i put them in the hydro system and then suronded the rockawool with the hydroton im just now today startin the journal because i wanted to make shure they took to the new system, but with grow dudes ,and alien baits help i think they are doin great yesterday i gave them their first doss of nutes about 1/4tea of 3 nutes and the growth that ive noticed since yesterday is fonaminal they are still pretty small but man let me tell u since yesterday win i gave them the nute shot they are growin fast i notice growth every time i look at them,,also this is my first ever hydro so im shure im gonna need more help from u guys,and gals,,and also ive just been leavin the drip on 24 hours a day and they seem to like it i hope this is ok it does not seem like they are getting over water but is it ok to do this? hear are the picks of the grow the strain is a unknown,when i first got the water farm i did not no i needed rockwool to start a seedling in it so the small plant was just in hydroton for about a week and was not growin hardley at all so thats win i went and got the rockwooland i replanted it in the rockwool and souronded it with the hydroton and now it takin off tojust a little behind the outher 1

newhydropicks2.jpg

newhydropicks1.jpg

hydronewpicks3.jpg

newhydropicks4.jpg

newhydropicks5.jpg

also i forgot to ask if any one knows how to add up all the lumes togather on the lights above please let me no so i can fill in that question mark cause i dont know how many watts a 70 watt hps and the 65 watt grow n show light gives me altogather with the floros?

tom-tom said:
also i forgot to ask if any one knows how to add up all the lumes togather on the lights above please let me no so i can fill in that question mark cause i dont know how many watts a 70 watt hps and the 65 watt grow n show light gives me altogather with the floros?

i'd say you gots about 21,700 lumens :eek:

2800x4 = 11,200
+ 70 watt hps = 6,300
+ 65 watt cfl = 4,200 ( i think )

lookin good man, can't wait to see em take off. :)

Gonna take a subscription card for this one... Gotta love a new hydro grow. :hubba: Don't be shy with updates and GL! :smoke1:

4 sure, i got me a 70watt to hahaha, great mind think alike lol, actually it was dirt cheap

Dc

yea the 70 watt hps goes good with my 12,000 lums off my florors plus the grow n show bulb i have no idea how many lums that has but i think i should have enoff light my grow room is about 6 feet from side to side and about 5 feet from front to back now this is not a exact mesurement but its very close do u guys/gals think that i got enoff light for this space everything seems to be growing very good with no stretch but like i said is this enoff light cause i can add more and when its time to flower im gonna try and get like a 150 watt hps

well for a 5x6 room your going to need ~ 150,000 lumens Thats at least a 1000 watt HPS.
do you have to have the room that big?

The general rule is 5000 lumens per sq/ft

Ive seen ok vegging with less or CFL but your going to need all you can in the flowering stage.

Dont cheap out on your light its one of the most important things your going to need, dont worry about cost as it will pay for itself 10 fold.

woops my grow room is accualy 60 inches from side to side and 48 inches from front to back is this ok for my amount of light i just meashured it that is the exact meashurment and if its still to much room let me no cause i can make it a little smaller buy bringing the walls in but at the least it has to be like 50 inches from side to side cause like i said i got the 48in floros

tom-tom said:
woops my grow room is accualy 60 inches from side to side and 48 inches from front to back is this ok for my amount of light i just meashured it that is the exact meashurment and if its still to much room let me no cause i can make it a little smaller buy bringing the walls in but at the least it has to be like 50 inches from side to side cause like i said i got the 48in floros

5000 per sq/ft, 5x4 =20, 20 x 5000= 100,000 lumens.
You need more light.

hey growdude is that if im usein all that space cause i only got 6 plants in their cause i dont acually got all 20 squarfoot full of plants?

is it normal to get a copple little round holes on ur lower leafs i think its due to the nute water splashing up every once in a while and landing on the leaf ,is this normal and is that what it is from its like a perfect little hole looks like it burned threw ?

this has happened to me too, but only on the lowest leaves. I think that it is a burn, that area dries out then falls away leaving a little hole

hey growdude its goin slow for some reason so i rearanged them in the hydroton and i noticed the roots are starting to make their way out of the rockawool and is in the hydroton now u think it will pick up soon they are growin slower than my soil grows im gonna post some picks now it will take a few

ok guys/gals hear are some picks of the water farm it been going kind of slow, i dont no why mabey cause the roots are just now coming out of the rockawool and spreading threw the hydroton,could this be why its not took of to fast yet because my soil plants our outgrowing my hydro right now our could it be im overwatering the hydro because ive just been leaving it on 24 hours cause i was told u can not over watter in a water farm but i dont no if i listend to that right our not what do u guys think take a look at the plants they seem allright lookiin i burnt them a little on the first nute jod i think so mabey that also has a little to do with the slow growing right now i just dont no any ideas our answers to these questions would be great also im including picks of my new exust fans these babys auto **** like no tommorow if these plants need fresh air well fresh air is what they are gonna get these fans are for race car raidators the fans used for cooling they are pretty cheap but im gonna get a lot of sucksion from theses babys one is for intake and one for outtake all ideas on this hydro are needed this is my first time and also i been keeping the ph at about 5.7 our as close to it as i can get but some times i get up in the morning and its back up at like 7.0 to 7.5 ,,it happens so quick i guess im gonna have to do the ph twice a day ,has any one else had this problem

dechydro1.jpg

dechydro2.jpg

dechydro3.jpg

dechydro4.jpg

goodoldfan1.jpg

goodoldfan2.jpg

How old are these now? I leave my airpump on only while the lights are on, I don't think that you want to be watering while the plants are supposed to be resting.

So where are your nute levels at now?,
You might want do flush out all the old nutes, this also will rinse off your hydroton better, did you rinse it off first? this can cause your PH to rise.

I run mine 1 hour on one hour off 24/7, now that the roots are out of the rockwool im sure they will pick up.

But they look like they are doin fine.

Latest posts

Back