Tom-tom's Godzilla Hydro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool im glad u think they look ok cause i was not shure ,,but yes i already flushed and put new water in and its all clear now it has no hydroton mess in it and the nutes i even cut back some i was goin 20 drops per gallon and i got 2 gallons in their well no i took them down 2 20 drops per 2 gallons just to be safe and the new growth is green so hopefully it will work out

tom-tom said:
cool im glad u think they look ok cause i was not shure ,,but yes i already flushed and put new water in and its all clear now it has no hydroton mess in it and the nutes i even cut back some i was goin 20 drops per gallon and i got 2 gallons in their well no i took them down 2 20 drops per 2 gallons just to be safe and the new growth is green so hopefully it will work out

Try to get that TDS meter if you can I think it could help you.

hey did u show me one online one time from radio shack because i went their and they did not have them in the store can u send that link again

tom-tom said:
ok guys/gals hear are some picks of the water farm it been going kind of slow, i dont no why mabey cause the roots are just now coming out of the rockawool and spreading threw the hydroton,could this be why its not took of to fast yet because my soil plants our outgrowing my hydro right now our could it be im overwatering the hydro because ive just been leaving it on 24 hours cause i was told u can not over watter in a water farm but i dont no if i listend to that right our not what do u guys think take a look at the plants they seem allright lookiin i burnt them a little on the first nute jod i think so mabey that also has a little to do with the slow growing right now i just dont no any ideas our answers to these questions would be great also im including picks of my new exust fans these babys auto **** like no tommorow if these plants need fresh air well fresh air is what they are gonna get these fans are for race car raidators the fans used for cooling they are pretty cheap but im gonna get a lot of sucksion from theses babys one is for intake and one for outtake all ideas on this hydro are needed this is my first time and also i been keeping the ph at about 5.7 our as close to it as i can get but some times i get up in the morning and its back up at like 7.0 to 7.5 ,,it happens so quick i guess im gonna have to do the ph twice a day ,has any one else had this problem

I am just finishing up a water farm grow. My plants started out slow but now counting the bucket they are about 6" taller than me. They REALLY will take off soon!

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
I am just finishing up a water farm grow. My plants started out slow but now counting the bucket they are about 6" taller than me. They REALLY will take off soon!

Stunzeed..

any pics? I'm interested in seeing.

ok guys the first plant that was the bigest one for some reason has stoped growing its had no new growth it seems for about 3 our 4 days the littlest one that is in pick 1 in this thread is now bigger than the one that was the bigest ,the one that was the bigest almose seems like it may be dieing but the outher one seems to be growing great the stalk is nice and green ,and the outher plants stalk is like a dry tan color i dont see why 2 plants in the same water farm would grow so difrent id think if it was sonethin i was doing they would bolth be dieing ,,but for shur the growth is stunted in the one and not the outher ,has any one had this happen and ,does any one no what ive done to have this happen im thinkin about taking the one that is stunted and putting it in soil just so mabey i can save it because u are realy only suposed to have one plant per pot unless they are clones from a female plant witch they ar not ,but i figured id have problems so i planted 2 in hopes that one would at leat take off ,if picks are needed let me no ill post them up real quick thank you...

thease are the picks please read the post i made right above this post i got some questions i need help with ,,,check my last post please thank u,,, now shot 1 is the group shot if u look back at the first copple of picks i posted in this thread ull see one plant is bigger than the outher well the one that is bigger is the one that is in the first 3 picks the group shot and the 2 picks after the group shot ,picks 4 and 5 our of the plant that was the smalest and now is doin great and is the bigest ,if u look close u can see that the sick ones leafs are all droopy and the outher ones leafs are good lookin nice and straight ,i just do not understan why this has hapend to one and not the outher ,also by lookin at the picks it does not seem that bad but belive me the one plant has not grown in 4 our 5 days at all its lookes exactley the same,,any ideas would be great is it possible im not givin them anoff water cause i was just lookin and the stalk on the stunted one is real hard like its dryin out it had no bend in it like it could snap if i just bent it our tryed a little lst so somethin is makin it dry out i got a soil plant that is about a foot and a half tall and i cold bend it half way over the stalk is nice and green and bendable ,well i just looked on this one and like i said if i bent it it would break any ideas?

nogrow1.jpg

no grow 2.jpg

nogrow3.jpg

goodgrow4.jpg

goodgrowth5.jpg

well i was told at this time i should have them on 1/2 nutes now so i uped them some not quite 1/2 but i dont want to burn them so ill see how they are in the morning ,,,fingers crossed,,

OK a little update i took the one out that quit growin witch is no big deal because i dont now if the are female plants any ways so to be safe i gdont want to have one turn out to be a male and not have no way to get it out of the water farm,,,now i found out what my problem was i was under nuting thats why the 1 stoped growing it was not getting what it needed ,,well ive up the nutes to 1/2 nutes and that baby is growin like wild fire i will soon have a jungle in their i cant wait ,se under nuting was just a mistake on my part i was scared to burn them and in being scared i was killing them from them not havin the proper building blocks to suport them and make them grow so now im on track and im shure u guys will be very suprised at the growth i show u later on in the week i want to give it about 5 days on this 1/2 nutes because i got a feeling in 5 days its gonna get very big ,from what i seen in grow dudes journal these hydro water farm plants grow a lot in only 5 days just in the last 2 days it has already out grown the soil plants now so it back on track and thriving ,,,and i owe a special thanks to ailen bait for takin time out and helping me and leting me no i was under nuting thanks bro

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM

Glad to hear all is on track Tom-Tom, This is why I like the ppm meter vs ml/measurment per gallon.
We need pics, allways post pics! my man

ok guys this is the smaller plant in the picks above it is now a lot biger i pulled the outher plant because i did not no if they were bolth gonna be female ans i did not want to take the chance of one turning out to be a male so it now in soil but any ways their is some kind of rusty lookin stuff on the leafs besides that its doin great ive put it on a litlle less than 1/2 nutes so im not shure if that is to much our what also i have always just left the drip on 24/7 because outhers said that they do 1 hour on one hour off so i figured their can not be that much of a difrence in just leavein it on is this a bad idea ?well hear our the picks take a look and see what u think the rusty spots are thank u ..ps...if this is normal in hydro and i dont have nothin to worry about let me no please

hydro hydro1.jpg

hydrohydro2.jpg

hydrohydro3.jpg

hydrohydro4.jpg

hydrohydro5.jpg

hydrohydro6.jpg

hydrohydro7.jpg

well that 3rd pic is definetly nutes that have dryed on the leaves.
The yellow spots are probably just burn from the nutes getting on the leaves.

If you get a little more hydroton you can bury the drip ring and that will stop the splashing.

Your plants will probably out grow it and the very bottom leaves wont matter latter on when there bigger.

new pick its growin a little to the side but its no big deal i had to put my big floro thing on its side to make room for my hps to hang from the ceiling for flowerin my female in soil but it seems to be doin great to me execpt the bottom leafs from the splashing but its all workin out:) i think its all goin good tho i dont think i got any nute burn because the stem is very very nice and green and everything it ***** not havein enoff money for a ppm because i dont no when to add more nutes to the watter ive put 1/2 nutes in 2 and 1/2 gallons of watter about 5 days ago our so and have not added no more since should i add more now our what ?

myhydro3.jpg

This is what I do, Mix my nutes at whatever str. I want for the stage of growth there in, when the rez runs low I refill with fresh nute solution but I will flush out the system every 2 weeks with water and clearex then replace the nute solution.

My stand alone units I will alternate between Plain PH adj. water and the nute solution, but those house my moms and im trying to keep the nutes to a min. without having to flush so I give them alot of straight water.

I know you dont have your TDS meter yet but what Im really trying to do is maintain a constant PPM reading in the buckets over the course of 2 weeks then flush the system.
I will see the PPM readings climb as time goes on and I will see my PH begin to drop and then ill need a rez change.

If you just keep adding nutes without some kind of flush toxic levels of salts will build up.

well then ill change my watter every week to be on the safe side and add more nutes when i do that i should be able to take it up past 1/2 nutes now hu? since thats what i used last time?

tom-tom said:
well then ill change my watter every week to be on the safe side and add more nutes when i do that i should be able to take it up past 1/2 nutes now hu? since thats what i used last time?

I would say "yes." At your next reservoir change, bump up the nute concentration to 3/4 strength. ;)

Latest posts

Back