too late to clone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencowboy

Reaction score
Hey all....my hydro crop has been flowering for about 5 weeks now. Just before the flower cycle I took 4 clones which stayed healthy and did very well. Through improper handling, I killed two of them....Yes, I've kicked my butt a hundred times over it.
Is it too late for me to take a few more clones at this point? There are some nice shoots with very small bud beginnngs that look like good targets. Please advise!!
Happy Trails...
GCB

GC i just revegged a plant that was flowering for 5 weeks... i took the lowest clone with the least amount of bud... good luck...

thanks ant man....won't get much from those low ones anyway....may as well attempt a clone.

greencowboy said:
thanks ant man....won't get much from those low ones anyway....may as well attempt a clone.

I'd take several, 'just in case'. :hubba: :holysheep:

DD

and remember your "paitients" it can take upto 30 days to to take root...But they will...Like above member said said..Take plenty of clones....just dont take more the 1/3 of plant..take care and be safe

I put mine in my clone bucket and it had roots 4" long in 7-8 days... and has been in dirt for like 6 days and is def back in veg in about 2 weeks...

Plants are 5 weeks into flower. Will I be able to clone when they are still in flower stage?

Thanks

I find it works BEST for me to clone at 3 to 6 weeks during flowering. The cuttings just root better for me. Keep in mind, it will need to revert back to the veg stage on the cutting. This is the small delay vs cloning from veg. But, imo the plant is more equiped to grow roots from the nutrients it has within it from flowering.

If you are cloning 3 to 6 weeks into flowering, what are the best leaves to take. What should I be looking for in a leave? Are there little pieces growing from the stems?

Thanks

You can clone a fully developed bud, you must be very careful with mould though; when the flower reveges their will be a lot of decaying material.

I always take a cut ensuring there is at least one node, preferrably two to provide additional root sites.

Latest posts

Back