Too late to transplant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokster42

StIlL lEaRnInG
Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm fairly new at this so please be kind. I've got 5 big bud plants that are a little over 2 weeks into flowering. The pots I have them in are too small. A couple are in 5x7 square pots and the rest are in 7x8 round buckets. I know they are too small cause the ones in the 5x7 are smaller than the others so I can see it is affecting them. I thought you could transplant after they had been flowering but now I think my thought process was misleading me. Should I leave them alone and just learn from my mistake? Can I put them back into veg and then repot, or will that cause more problems? I know you all can help me with this so I will await some replys. Goddess, your opinion would be appreciated as well as any others. Peace...

Hey Runbyhemp. Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, They have just begun showing sex. I was thinking the same thing about waisting the resources on males so that was why I thought I would wait until they showed their sex. But then I started reading up on transplanting and everything said transplant just before putting into flower. I don't mind setting them back a bit. My thought is that a few days getting adjusted to the new pots would cause less overall damage/yield results, then leaving them in the small pots.

I have some nice 4 gallon square pots that I was going to do the massproducers coco potting method with. I have tried this method with the autos I have flowering now in another tent and they are bad to the bone. That coco core is some bad hinny stuff for sure.

So again I thank you for replying to my post. I have the time today to do the transplant so I'll get ur done. Peace...

Rosebud said:
Repot without worry. They will appreciate their new digs.

^^^^^^WORD^^^^^^

Transplant, but consider this a learning experience, to have everything situated before you go to 12/12.

Wet

Thank Rosie. Your input is priceless, and much appreciated. I was worried it might cause them stress, and then herm on me or something. Theres not alot of information on repoting and what there is is conflicting. I told my Sis that I could get good advice here on MPF. We are new growers and enjoying the heck out of it. My 79 year old mother is even helping her take care of the plants at her house. Mom can now tell you what the sex of the plant is. Thanks again. Peace

Sounds like a family affair. Like Wet said, it is the very best if you repot befor 12/12 but it isn't the end of the world. They will be fine.

Wetdog said:
^^^^^^WORD^^^^^^

Transplant, but consider this a learning experience, to have everything situated before you go to 12/12.

Wet[/quote

Thanks wet dog, I will. I just thought for some reason that I could transplant them after they showed their sex and save on materials and time by not waisting it on the males, but with the coco medium I can reuse it and the perlite on the next grow. I'm learnin. Writing this all down in my journal so I will have something to look back on. Peace...:48: :48: :48:

I planned on only growing fems and thats what I purchased when I got my seeds. But I received the big bud seeds as extras and decided to start with them to see if I could get them from seed to plant with out killing them. So after they cracked I stuck them into rapid rooters. When they survived that I put them into cups, then the pots they are in now. I figured I got them this far I would grow them out and see if I could do this and what troubles I would have. I figured killing free seeds would not hurt as bad as killing expensive femed seeds. After they got going I just couldn't stop. So this is where I'm at now. I've got some nice lookin plants for my first time and if I could figure out how to post pics I'd show you.

I've got a pineapple chunk, a dutch passion ultimate and a couple of LSD's in my grow tent that are all femed seeds that are going into my flower tent when my autos get done in a few weeks. I took the big bud to my sisters house and she is trying not to kill them. So far so good, we had 2 males out of 7 plants and now will repot and trudge forward. Thanks everyone for their help, it is very much appreciated. Happy Turkeyday to all. Peace.

Latest posts

Back