too many to choose from!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
OK so I have my grow room almost done, and my girls will be arriving ready for flower in a couple of weeks, I am having a friend start and veg them for me so that I can get the grow room done before they arrive. As it stands I have 2 Isis and 2 skunk at least.

I am looking to the grow after these are done, I want to purchase some seeds and grow 5, 1 to use as a mother and 4 to grow and flower. I have been reading a ton of info about different strains and their types of high, but mostly these are the merchants description and as I believe most companies will tell you anything to sell you a product, and that after spending soooo much cash on the grow room, I want to make this purchase a good one, adn I find the best advice comes from people experiences.

I grow for personal medical use, and the last grow of golden kush was really good, but caused way to much couchlock. I am looking for something that gives a full body high, but still allows me to get on with my day and not stick me on the couch. Don't want anything trippy, want a nice mellow relaxing smoke to remove stress, long lasting effect, somethign that gives me the 'laughs'.

Hope that makes sense, been going cold turkey for a few weeks to pay for the materials for the grow room!

Why not clone the plants your getting for a mother? then you wont have to go thru sexing and starting a mother from seed.

Dont harvest to late, go for the mostly cloudy trichomes, very few amber.
That gives a nice upbeat high.

I will be buying femenized seeds, and following the advice in the 'how to produce mostly females from seeds' thread to maximise the chances of getting females from them (as I understand it, buying femanized seeds doesn't 100% guarantee female plants).

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1974

The reason I am not cloning the plants I will be getting is that I have tried them already and want to try something new, with so many different strains around it seems daft to limit myself to just 1 or 2, so looking for a new strain to try, and clone for a while, then try somethign else, build up a bit of knowledge with each strain and hopefully pass that info onto people on here, and the more strains I try, the better my overall knowledge will be, but for the moment I want to stick with just 1 new one to get used to cloning and growing techniques like LST and supercropping, if I stick with one strain for the moment I can eliminate the 'its the strain' side of mistakes while I try ideas out.

if you are only using 1 strain to eliminate the "its the strain" queeries, why buy new seeds to experiment? personally i would use the plants you are getting and clone 2 branches off each of them for your experimants. that way you can gain the experience with what you know before you try something new.

I had thought of this, and may well try it, but I have smoked both the strains I am getting, so would like to try an new strain. The high from these strains is nice, but its not the perfect high for my needs so I am looking for a strains that has a high that's spot on for me. The Manadala Satori that godspeedsuckah mentioned looks like it will be what I am after, so will probably try that first.

Thanks, looking forward to my first grow in my new set up. Never done a full grow from seeds before, always been given the plants after they have been vegged. No doubt I will have a lot more to learn and of course will be cloning for the first time as well, can't wait! I have to say that while smoking the end product is always great, the actual growing and caring for the plants has to be a big part of the satisfaction and buzz I get.

85cannabliss said:
if you are only using 1 strain to eliminate the "its the strain" queeries, why buy new seeds to experiment? personally i would use the plants you are getting and clone 2 branches off each of them for your experimants. that way you can gain the experience with what you know before you try something new.

Yes and no. If you go this route than you will not fully understand taking the plant from seed to harvest.

Lastritez said:
I had thought of this, and may well try it, but I have smoked both the strains I am getting, so would like to try an new strain. The high from these strains is nice, but its not the perfect high for my needs so I am looking for a strains that has a high that's spot on for me. The Manadala Satori that godspeedsuckah mentioned looks like it will be what I am after, so will probably try that first.

Satori if a fantastic smoke, I can't wait till they are selling seeds again in January. If you read about Satori on their website you will see that they do not require a lot of fussing with fertilizers. A well made medium and 1/4 strength 1 time a week or less at times is all they needed. I topped 1 plant and was not impressed with the results (little over an ounce). The others I left to grow naturally and was very impressed ( 2- 3 ounces per plant). I grow in a small closet so that is a nice harvest for me :) Below is my link.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23353&highlight=Mandala+Satori

i too am wanting the satori.i have looked everywhere and you are right.it will be january before they become available again..i can't wait.thanks godspeedsuckah.

Latest posts

Back