Topping Off Res in Ebb & Flow System...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
My girls are 30 days old and are drinking a gallon of water a day...I have a 12 gallon res that I top off every AM...I am wondering should I just top off with pH adjusted tap water if I change out the res every 2 weeks or should I be topping off with the same half strength veg mix that is in my res?

I have been topping off the res with pH adjusted tap water, no nutes. However, I think I read that your suppose to top off with the same mix? But this could have been on a nute ad?

Check out my grow journal to see my girlies.:D

I've read that you should let your res get half empty before topping it off and when you do, plain water (ph adjusted of course). Then when that gets half way down, change the water completely.

How many plants you got and how big are they? What is the temperature u are growing your plants?

this is where some ppl argue on what to do... personally I just add plain water to my res...
You should only be topping up on nutes each time if you have a ppm/tds/ec meter.
You pump should be shutoff when u add the plain water... then when mixed together get ur ph to the right place and bam->done.

Viracocha711 said:
My girls are 30 days old and are drinking a gallon of water a day...I have a 12 gallon res that I top off every AM...I am wondering should I just top off with pH adjusted tap water if I change out the res every 2 weeks or should I be topping off with the same half strength veg mix that is in my res?

I have been topping off the res with pH adjusted tap water, no nutes. However, I think I read that your suppose to top off with the same mix? But this could have been on a nute ad?

Check out my grow journal to see my girlies.:D

KADE said:
this is where some ppl argue on what to do... personally I just add plain water to my res...
You should only be topping up on nutes each time if you have a ppm/tds/ec meter.
You pump should be shutoff when u add the plain water... then when mixed together get ur ph to the right place and bam->done.

Thanks KADE...Yes, that is what i have been doing so i will continue doing it. I mean why fix something that is not broke, huh?:D

If you want to take a look at my girls in my grow journal...This is my first grow.:woohoo:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=125966#post125966

booradley said:
I've read that you should let your res get half empty before topping it off and when you do, plain water (ph adjusted of course). Then when that gets half way down, change the water completely.

WOW...Half empty? I have never heard that. What source did you read this from? Thanks for the input and let me know where you read that I would like to know, thanks!

Sorry, but I have read so many grow guides I have no idea which one that was in. And am always amazed at the stuff that sticks. I'd listen to the others who seem to know a lot more than me. I get bored at work and talk out of my *** too much I am sure. :)

Latest posts

Back