Topping Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easyrider

Reaction score
Hey MP community,

So i was looking through the topping resource thread and I feel that this is the best option for me with regard to dealing with the biggest plant in my growbox which is nearly double the size of the next closest plant. That being said, I was wondering if it would be alright to take 3" or 4" off of the top of the plant as opposed to 1" or whatever it was that the resource thread recommended. What if any issues could I face taking this much off of the top of the plant? Thanks for any and all help!

Easyrider

ive topped plants that much before ,,,usually when i burnt themor something:p
just watch out it doesnt get to stressed as we all know that stressed plants can cause hermies :48:

It really depends on the size and health of the plant- taking 3" to 4" off a 6" plant could be detrimental- but off a 12" plant- not so bad. Just make sure you read up on *where* to cut in relation to growth.
Good luck.

Shouldn't be a problem. Remember people often take clones off the top and take quite a few inches, so no worries!

I agree, bend her over ;) that way if you dont want to lose yer top, you dont ;) just be gentle, cos women like to be finessed.

Thanks a bunch for the help guys... nobody beats MP. I would bend her over and it is a "her," the only thing is I don't think I have the room to support a 32" LSTed plant in addition to three other smaller girls with my 3'x2' floorspace. That being said I'll read up on where to cut and than get some photos once its done. Good Looks!

EasyRider

Latest posts

Back