Transplant or not to transplant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Well I was feeding my babies yesterday when i noticed the roots are just starting to come thru the bottom of the pots. My plants are a little over 2 weeks old. Ive never see this happen before at least not when they are just 2 weeks old. I have 6 plants, I was planning on putting 3 in 3gallon pots and the other 3 in 5gallon pots. My question is should I transplant them into new pots this early or wait for a little while yet?

Ok sweet thats what Ill do then. I just didnt know if they were to young yet to transplant. With all my other times growing I usually use these pots till they are like 30-45 days old then transplant. So since my roots are growin so fast does that mean anything bad like not watering them enough or I just have some fast growing roots? The only thing Im doing different is using AN's sensi grow on this grow and the lights are much closer then previous grows. Im confused or am I reading into this to much.

Some roots grow faster and better than others and yes it's a good thing. Transplant them babies and watch them take off. ;)

TBG I was hoping youd be in on this thread. Thanks guys for the help. I will transplant them today and snap a few pics to show ya. Also some how my lights were off when I woke up today it wont hurt the plants right if it was jus a couple hours?

Let your soil get a little dry before transplanting and it'll help. I turn the plant over while I hold my hand over the top with the plant going between my fingers and gently flex the pot or give it a small shake.

The plant should pop right out in your hand and stay in one piece.

Then just gently set it in it's new home with slightly more stem buried.

Gently tamp the soil and lightly water it until moist.

Back the lights off a little for a few days until any possible transplant shock is over.

Then, like the Brothers Grunt said, they should take off good!

Latest posts

Back