Transplanting during flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
My plants are in 1/2 a gallon pots and are in flowering is it ok to transplant them or will it make them get stunted and lose sum of there potecy

they are just about in week 2 of flowering and I want to move them into 3 gallon buckets.

Imo I would hesitate to do any thing that would/will stress them during flowering. It's still early so you might get lucky and have none go hermie on yah. Just try to disturb the roots as little as possible and you might be OK. Good luck!:)

you can still do this but be very careful not to damage the roots.. i would water very well the day before you transplant.. to help hold the soil together..

Well here's my two cents. If your plants have filled out the pot; that is to say, they're root bound then you need to transplant. Half gallon containers seem quite small, and you're only two weeks into flowering. I imagine you have at least 5-6 weeks more to go before harvest depending on what strain you're growing. Perhaps the roots will do more growing and will need more room?

Are half gallon containers big enough to provide healthy growth for at least another 5-6 weeks? I don't have enough experience or knowledge to know how much the roots will grow during flowering, but my guess (I emphasize "guess") is you should transplant. Someone on this site told me some time ago that transplanting during flowering is safe to do as long as there is at least another month or so before harvest.

I hope this helps,

Alistair

Well i have 7 weeks to harvest and i am seeing the roots coming out the bottom so i guess they are rootbound now.So tonight when the lights come on im gonna transplant most of them(the biggest ones that look rootbound) I hope it goes good fingers crossed:eek:

its fine for you to transplant it, its actually almost importaint that u do it before it grows any further. I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago and i saw a big change for the positive. At first i wanted to hold off but saw that the bottom leaves were beginning to turn yellow and some were drying up. within 5 hours of the transplant i begant to see changes. It began to look more healthy. Besides, if u wait to long the root-ball might break the container. Iv seen it before.

-Cptnfail

Alistair Young said:
Someone on this site told me some time ago that transplanting during flowering is safe to do as long as there is at least another month or so before harvest

Alistair

it was me!1 it was! LO.. no, J/K.. but i agree with him and have done, the key word here IS CAUTIOUS, the less you disturb the roots the better, im guessing you are milk jugs, if you are find a sharp razor and cut 8 slits from top to bottom and break the plastic apart fromt soil and transplant just like that... get some superthrive in your water, add some dolo lime to your soil, water it mildly and youre good to go Dr. House.. LOL.. good luck.. :aok:

I have transplanted 6 that looked the most root bound,5 are still in the little pots cuz i dont think ill have room for more bigger pots under the 1000watter becuz i got 16 under it.;)

thanks man im going to need to this myself in a couple days, imo you dont got another chocie i think it would stress it out more from small pot, then transplanting. i used to let my soil get bone dry before transplant so it would pop out easy, why should i water it befor transplant?

hey dude, its smart to flush when transplant it to remove the excceed nutes and all that chemi thing that will hold up from stressing, and produces healthier buds ya dont want all these nutes in the buds and taste terrible flush it well, makes healthier buds, I have seen the results its very effective result hope I helps before ya did trans, if ya did and forgot to flush, its okay go ahead flush it well dont damage the roots

Latest posts

Back