Trimming autoflowering 1 month in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieG

Reaction score
I want to increase the yield of the plants as much as possible and I've been thinking about removing JUST the flowers on the lower stems that have not been getting any light.
My first quest is, if its ok for me to be cutting up the plant while its technically in flower? but then again, aren't the autoflowers always in flower except the first two weeks?
Second question. If it is ok to cut, can i just remove the flowers with out removing any of the leaves? If so, is there a rule of thumb for how many or how high I should go on the plant?
Third question. So I cut the lower ones off, what should I do to make sure the plant recovers as quickly as possible?

If possible, please answer all the questions, if not, all help is appreciated. Thanks and happy growing.

NewbieG

i am not sure if that is a good idea. If anything try to get light to those flowers you were going to cut. This will stunt flowering which stunts growth which.....It will mess with the time frame needed for an auto flower. the auto flowering guru's must all be napping..lol.you will get more reply's just b patient

well I removed a few of the lower extra small flowering sites but left all of the leaves. I didn't see your note until after the fact. I guess we'll see how she comes out now :/ hopefully I didn't do too much damage.

I am growing some Autos now and probably woulda said to leave it be. In the future you can always throw a CFL or 2 down low without spending too much.

general rule of thumb... if the plant grew it in the first place... LEAVE IT ALONE... it obviously is needed or the plant wouldn't have grown it in the first place, right? ? ?

I always trim the first couple of really low branches from the bottoms of my autos.They only get a few inches long and never grow buds big enough to even get a bowl out of them.There just isn't anyway to get light to them. Plus they get in the way while watering so I just trim the whole stem about a month in.

Latest posts

Back