trimming question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
I made the painful decision today to trim some leaves off my mother plant because I'm fighting off a mildew infection. I cut about 9 shade leaves with signs of the fungus. I want to know if this will stress the plant to the point of creating a hermie? And How long does it take for the plant to regrow what it lost?

I don't plan on flowering this plant, I just want to keep it in a veg state for as long as possible.

IMO I would think again on trying to kkeep a plant with a mold problem!

My mother recently trimmed 7 Fan leaves off my plant and its about 3 motnhs old, in my signature theres a link to look at the size. Its been about 1 week since it happen IMO i beleive it slowed the plants growth for most of this time But never the less it continued to grow, as for the hermie i have no idea but i hope it dosent :p

SweetSoca said:
I made the painful decision today to trim some leaves off my mother plant because I'm fighting off a mildew infection. I cut about 9 shade leaves with signs of the fungus. I want to know if this will stress the plant to the point of creating a hermie? And How long does it take for the plant to regrow what it lost?

I don't plan on flowering this plant, I just want to keep it in a veg state for as long as possible.

first of all... removing the infected fan leaves is not going to solve yer problem... the conditions that caused this to occur are still there, no doubt... as it's in veg, I recommend a systemic fungicide (for rose and ornamental flowers/plants) - spray this on top and bottom of leaves, and it will kill the powdery mildew.

as for this stressing the plant to hermie.... no (unless those were the ONLY fan leaves on the plant... then it might kill it)

the plant will also not grow back the leaves that you removed... it will simply continue growing like before.(new growth at the ends)

I ordered a fungicide (some stuff called Serenade) and i sprayed with a baking soda solution in the meantime because I was told that helps stop the mildew from spreading. I just want to be extra careful by cutting the leaves that were most affected.

SweetSoca said:

:confused: Why?

Are you using it as a Mother Plant?

Latest posts

Back