trimming???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood52

Reaction score
here a plant about a week in flower and lot of buds sites should i trim the biger fan leaves???

fire pit 007.jpg

fire pit 008.jpg

easy! no man, they need those leaves to collect sunlight or well cfl light ;) and when the plant nears finishing the lower fan leaves will yellow and possibly fall off anyway. Sorry for the lack of scientific-ness :D

hollywood52 said:
here a plant about a week in flower and lot of buds sites should i trim the biger fan leaves???
good question=simple answer...ever see a man with no arms eat? that was the analogy throwed to me when i first came on this site. i've ALWAYS trimmed fan leaves, then after the thing with no arms was brought up, so i didn't cut anything off other than topping her twice and was like OH MY GOD WHAT A JUNGLE. it helps so much its amazing, a REAL cola off every main stem...which i'm appreciating at this second :hubba:

dont cut on the plant unless you chop. get more lumens in that room (an hps hid) and let it finish. dont trim the leaves dont chop unless you have 50% amber trikes. and if you dont know what that means then u need to READ!

does that plant have a light over the top of it lol?

i would add more lights for flower, more cfls or an hid like an hps would REALLY pack on weight.

do some research, hids are WAYYYY better then cfls

Is this room getting to crowded? should I trim some leaves or leave them alone? I am trying to attach some pics.

flower now if you want to prevent overcrowding....you got alot of plants and it wouldnt hurt to add more lighting like an HPS. the plants are looking great but more braching will have adverse effects later.

I would recommend you rotate the plants around a bit while you flower.

Also perhaps raising the lights or lowering the table to stretch em out a little.

This may give you enough room to tie some of the branches down. Perhaps even netting it for a S.O.G. setup.

If you decide to flower now....that is.

P.S. Never cut anything off your plants unless you are cloning or removing leaves that are 40% dead or damaged. Ever. Period.

trillions of atoms said:
flower now if you want to prevent overcrowding....you got alot of plants and it wouldnt hurt to add more lighting like an HPS. the plants are looking great but more branching will have adverse effects later.
Grow starting week 6 veg now. If I flower now will plants keep growing up? These are not real tall right now but getting beginning to look like bushes. Using one 400W HPS should I start a second 400W HPS or larger going into flower?
I can't wait to start flower but I thought this was to early. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back