Troubleshooting leaf curl...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleZipper

Reaction score
So, I'm trouble-shooting leaf curl. Here are the stats... Soil FF/OF, Ph 6.5, 250wt MH at good distance (less than a foot), seedlings pushing second set of real leaves, good vent, good water/breath ( I let them air out plenty), distilled, in 3 gal sq, temp is 60-65 off and 75-sometimes 80 on. No nutes yet. snow white. -I just transplanted two days ago and I've never had this happen. I didn't pack soil too tight. First, just the points of leaves curled up and then died off as the rest of the leaf started rolling in. It's only on two of six plants. I'm trying to do everything I can to ensure a healthy grow. Maybe it's from the transplant although I haven't had this problem with other transplants. ---What are some of the causes for leaf curl? Can I reverse the process and have the leaves flatten back out before it's too late? Thanks ... Pics below...

little plants in big pots, hhhmmm. personally, i wait until i have several sets of leaves before transplanting into bigger pots. for me...all vegging is about root ball development. i have much better root development in smaller containers. i would add more perlite to your mix as well. drainage and aeration are your friends.

First two are from different soil transplanted to FF/OF and last pic is just one that's just starting out and shows begining sign of some burn?... it hasn't had any "food" yet. They were all in solo cups and had decent root mass (except for the new one obviously). What are your thoughts?

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

looks like taco leafing, that's mag def. i always add epsom salt to my mix and i use ffof soil as well. could be ph issue also. most early nute def are ph issues. i always add dolmite lime as well.:rolleyes:

Thanks umbra. What does the epsom salt do? Any idea how much to use? I'm guessing not much. -I was close to adding dolmite lime because I heard it helped to keep the ph stable and then the advice at the store I was at said it would raise my ph so I decided against it... oops. Ha, it gets confusing. Hopefully, now that those two plants are in FF/OF soil and at the right ph, they will bounce back. They're getting worse each day rather than improving. Another lesson on how not to grow :)

Mag for sure. I had this problem not too long ago. I raised my pH a little and gave mine a shot of CalMG.

hey purple , my plant had this problem , after feeding it with proper ph it got bbetter and after transplanting it now its worst , not like yours curling inside like a clap , but going down like a horse drinking from a river :( , now i must retransplant it and add more perlite for oxygen and better drainage , i have clays and stones inside for drainage , but i should do more fixing , first of i will transplant it for 30minutes in another soil temperary , and water the bucket flooding it and to see the drainage ph level , after that i have limeorganic , i might add it if my soil is still acidic , i havent done this to my new plants , :( i was in my predictions , thinkng i have rinsed the soil well enough that i have took care of acid , i shouldve tested but ego stands in the way ..... and arrogance self control , today will be my operation day , sometimes making things precise will be a hassle but worth the tireing times for the best results.

That looks like heat stress/low humidity to me.. some strains are more sensitive to heat than others.. CFLS? How close to the tops?

Look Familiar?

heat.jpg

i had a couple plants do the same taco thing too. and when i raised my lights just a couple more inches they stopped it. so im thikin maybe heat stress as well.
i am also usin cfl's got 16 26 watters runnin so it does get a bit warm in my cab. since then i also got another high velocity 4 inch fan and hung it from ceiling of cab to where it blows a strait stream of air right down the line of the bulbs ballast parts. and at the other end my hood i put a second small pc fan drawing air from under hood an blowin it upward toward my exhause
and no more green taco's.... lol

PurpleZipper said:
First two are from different soil transplanted to FF/OF and last pic is just one that's just starting out and shows begining sign of some burn?... it hasn't had any "food" yet. They were all in solo cups and had decent root mass (except for the new one obviously). What are your thoughts?

Feed em. If all else is ok and your humidity and light is ok...that leaves some kind of nute defiency.

Latest posts

Back