UG's 2nd Grow: Joint Doctors Diesel x LR2 and AK-47 x LR2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugmjfarmer

Reaction score
Germinating 10 Diesel and 5 AK47 Fem's from Joint Doctors tonight. Put them in distilled water in some cups to soak. 8 Will make the final cut, growing in 3x3" rockwool and 1 gallon of hydroton in a drip system.

They will be soaking for 24-48 hours, then going under 4 T5's in a dome with a heat mat set to 75 F. My flowering room consists of the following:

Hydrofarm Cooltube
Lumatek 400w Ballast
400w Hortilux Super HPS
8) 1 Gallon Buckets
1-2-3 GPH drip stakes
Panda film reflection
4" axial fan intake
6" inline exhaust w/ carbon filter

My mother room is simple, Light and plants.

I am ordering the following nutrients for bloom:
Sensi Grow
Sensi Bloom
Big Bud
Voodoo Juice
Overdrive
Bud Blood
Carbo Load
Superthrive

For now until the nutrients arrive, I'll be using some GH Floranova grow for the small period of time until UPS shows up.

Germination should take a little, so that leaves me some time to finish the grow room. Right now, here is my light/vent setup at the top of the closet.

attachment.php

ugmjfarmer said:
I am ordering the following nutrients for bloom:
Sensi Grow
Sensi Bloom
Big Bud
Voodoo Juice
Overdrive
Bud Blood
Carbo Load
Superthrive

Dang thats is a lotta nutes.

Overkill?

GH Flora series were my original though but AN kinda sold me on their products.

Very Interested to see how the LR Diesel turns out for you. Its next on my list but first i have to finish off my LR variety pack.

Well I got talked out of Advanced Nutrients. For this grow anyways. Here's the list of nutrients I have in my possession:

Ionic Grow
Ionic Bloom
Ionic Boost
Nitrozime
Hygrozyme
GH SubCulture
Greenfuse Bloom Stimulator
Botanicare Sweet
Europonic Rockwool Treatment
Thrive Alive Green

Should be good.

I had all the seeds in a cup of water overnight. They sank to the bottom easily, so I put them into treated rockwool cubes. For treating them I soaked them in the conditioner and added Hygrozyme and Thrive Alive. They are sitting in a seedling tray right now, with a heat mat set to 78 F. They are currently in the dark awaiting some T5 light once they get going. PH was 5.2 but it should drift a little upwards as time rolls by.

Don't get talked outta Adv. Nut. From what I have heard/experienced they are the best. Hands down. I am using a fish fertilizer line now and am def. going back to Advanced next time.

Cool. Well Its not a problem to make a switch at all. I remember seeing Ionic in the pot cave so its kinda nostalgic to be using them. To add to that, the place that manufactures them is not far from my home so its nice to be contributing to the community a little.

But you have me thinking I should have spent the $50 more to get the original advanced list I made.

I use advanced and have very good results. I harvested 3 lbs from two
1000w hoods, 14 plants in an aero set-up. I had several bubblegum colas that weighed over 80 grams dried and cured.

All of the seeds proved to be viable. I'll give them a few more days to sprout before increasing the light to the T5. Right now they are under a 17w T8 bulb, still in the humidity dome with the heat mat set to 78 degrees.

Keep up the good work I hear good things about Advanced Nutes wish I could afford it. I like earth juice and them some GH sub cultures as well as Budswel and molasses. I love GUANO!

I'm hoping the subculture works as good as they claim. ;)

The official count of germination:

9/10 Diesel Ryders
5/5 AK47 Ryders (fem'd)

So, the cubes were a little too wet and as such the growth has been a little slow. I'll be feeding them the following mixture tonight:

Ionic Grow
Hygrozime
Nitrozime
Thrive Alive
Sub Culture

Hoping the cubes have dried enough to start feeding!

I decided to do Hempy Buckets instead of a big drip system. SO!

Here is the new setup, grow room and all, and my new Hempy Buckets. There is one picture of the drip system I still have and can use, but will not be using for this grow. These buckets are cool!

DSCF0161.JPG

DSCF0165.JPG

DSCF0166.JPG

DSCF0169.JPG

Here are the pictures of the germination. I just got 10 more buckets in the mail today so each of these plants will be in hempys very shortly, along with 2 Northern Lights and 2 Aurora Indica.

For medium I'm using Pearlite and Vermiculite in a 3:1 ratio. I am running the following nutrient solution in 800ppm @ 5.8 pH:

Ionic Grow
Nitrozime
Hygrozime
Fossil Fuel
Sub Culture
Berry Sweet

I also have a CFL cabinet that will be setup for cloning. I will be making one of Massproducer's DWC cloners for that box, and just use a few 26w daylight CFLs. No pictures of this yet though.

For some reason the first set of leaves on one plant came out all black and twisted. It appears to have some life behind it, so I'm letting it sit around. Another one has some deformed leaves. Makes me nervous but it has some good life to it. The rest aside from a twisty start here and there all came up nicely.

DSCF0145.JPG

DSCF0147.JPG

do not use alot of nutes on the diesel ryders you will fry them. found that out the hard way. I used only quarter to half of what they recommened and I was using bio-bloom. Be very careful with them cause some of the genetics are very picky about there environment and nutes. What light schedule you gonna put them on?

24/0 for now. I'd like to make the most out of the quick veg period these suckers have. I'm not planning though on breaking the 1000ppm barrier at all on the veg period. I'll go 1000ppm for transition to bloom and work my way to around 1500ppm or higher if they can take it.

What did you grow your diesel in? is this a known fact that they are picky with EC?

And also to be fair, the only true nutrient up there is the Ionic Grow. The rest are natural acids, plant extracts, and a carbo. The sub culture is only beneficial micro-organisms. The Hygrozime is an Enzyme to break up dead root material.

Nice setup where did you buy the hempy buckets. Have you grown that way before? Are those 3 gal buckets. Very interested in this hempy grow. Did you use vermculite and perlite for your medium and do you use hydro nutes? Sorry for all the questions hope you don't mind.

manels1111 said:
Nice setup where did you buy the hempy buckets. Are those 3 gal buckets.

I bought the buckets themselves from usplastic.com. They are one gallon buckets, without a lid. I have found removing the handle is a good idea. A stoner like me might try to use the handle when a big ole stalk is coming out of them and potentially damage the plant.

manels1111 said:
Have you grown that way before?

First timer. It actually looks too simple its hard to mess up.

manels1111 said:
Did you use vermculite and perlite for your medium and do you use hydro nutes?

Three parts pearlite to one part vermiculite. I made sure I flushed the pearlite before hand much light you would hydroton.

manels1111 said:
Sorry for all the questions hope you don't mind. Very interested in this hempy grow.

Not a problem, ask away! Thanks for pulling up a chair, I cant wait to see how they go. Hopefully I'll do weekly pictures so we all get a good show.

Latest posts

Back