Ummm...why is anyone here taking a drug test in the first place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

First serious indoor grow
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but isn't a drug test an enormous invasion of your privacy and rights as a living creature? It's no one's business what's in your body, except your own, and your doctor's if you so choose. I've never let anyone violate me in this fashion and can't understand why others do...if everyone felt this way and refused, then drug testing would not exist. Why put up with it?

People put up with it for many reasons. The two main reasons that come to mind are JOBS, and GOVERNMENT. Both of which already have your nuts in a jar, so the question is why are you still fighting it?

lordhighlama said:
People put up with it for many reasons. The two main reasons that come to mind are JOBS, and GOVERNMENT. Both of which already have your nuts in a jar, so the question is why are you still fighting it?

No one has my nuts in a jar, I don't need to fight it, I just refuse to take one and that's the end of it...why would you want to be employed by people who would go so far to invade your privacy and treat you with such indignity?

When you work in an Industry where drugs can affect your performance, you will see why. I work around not only cars, but chemicals, fumes, and a lot of other harmful/hazardous materials. Believe me, drug tests are for the best. I'd rather not work around someone who will not only endanger their life but others' lives around them.

:yeahthat:

There is always trade off's, if your gonna take the good then don't be surprised when your handed the bad. You've gotta pay to play!

yes everyone refuse to take your next drug test for a P.O. or your job.. that will teach them to mess with you.. and when your sittin in jail or at home cause you don't have a job and your family is doin without think about who it really hurt.

its easy to say you wouldn't work for people who did that, but when its your family or freedom things change. sorry thats just how it is for most people including myself. i will swollow my pride, morals and ethics if it means my family gets to eat that day.

TerrorAP2 said:
When you work in an Industry where drugs can affect your performance, you will see why. I work around not only cars, but chemicals, fumes, and a lot of other harmful/hazardous materials. Believe me, drug tests are for the best. I'd rather not work around someone who will not only endanger their life but others' lives around them.

I work around **** that can fall on people and kill them, people have broken bones, and lost fingers...the drug that affects your performance and leads to the most accidents at work is alcohol...they don't test for that. Cocaine leaves your system in a day. How does a drug test prove someone will be stoned at work if pot can stay in your system for a month? Are you unfit to work at your job if you like to smoke when you get home? That means everyone here shouldn't be employed according to these people who drug test! If that's cool with you keep bending over and taking it. Drugs tests are pointless and serve only to discourage and persecute marijuana users. The last thing I'm worried about at my job is someone who smokes a joint occasionally.

I'm not trying to start any **** here, I can't believe that people actually pee in a cup for corporations, you know? What's next? Anal probes? lobotomies? Come on, you can't just say no...

Wolfie said:
I work around **** that can fall on people and kill them, people have broken bones, and lost fingers...the drug that affects your performance and leads to the most accidents at work is alcohol...they don't test for that. Cocaine leaves your system in a day. How does a drug test prove someone will be stoned at work if pot can stay in your system for a month? Are you unfit to work at your job if you like to smoke when you get home? That means everyone here shouldn't be employed according to these people who drug test! If that's cool with you keep bending over and taking it. Drugs tests are pointless and serve only to discourage and persecute marijuana users. The last thing I'm worried about at my job is someone who smokes a joint occasionally.

I'm not trying to start any **** here, I can't believe that people actually pee in a cup for corporations, you know? What's next? Anal probes? lobotomies? Come on, you can't just say no...

No one was arguing the point that we feel pot is harmless. Of course there are more dangerous drugs out that cause greater harm, but like slomo said if you want to feed your family then you are going to suck it up and do what is needed to put the food on the table.

And I'm not even going to go there with you on your anal probe comment, your on your own on that one.

hes trying to do good. i see it, but it wont work. people have their lives to support. and i understand reasoning for dt's at work places. not at walmart or places like that. thats just retarded, but its that or work minimum wage for a fast food place. well unless you find a place that pays good and supports mj. but still. it is legal. wanna avoid it? i heard shrooms can only be tested for in a spinal tap, which is illegal. dont know the quality of truth there, just throwing it out there. im not supporting shroom use, just stating that incase it would cause a problem.

Yeah what Slow said. Tell a PO it is none of his business and see what happens!LOL

edit if you got a 100K job i promise you, you are not going to deny the company who pays your salary a sample of your urine

saying no to drug tests only causes trouble. it is acceptable in workplaces, and government, and sports. although i have said no to a drug test, that was in my last year of high school. they tried to drug test everyone but i said no along with almost the entire student body. AFAIC if a company is paying you to work, they have the right to make sure you are not going to come to work on drugs. After all, you belong to THEM when you are at work.

If I didnt pee in a cup for work I wouldnt have anything that I have now. Just dont smoke weed for a week before test...as far as random testing, just stop smoking pot, becuase if you are getting random tests, that probably means you shouldnt be smoking at all.

And, talking from experience, most companys who drug tests you could care less if you toke a doobie after dinner to kick it, they just dont want you to come into work all blazed.

ill stick to cooking, its a profession that practicly requires blazing nuggets.

PS Schoolboy....nice CrossJoint....how the hell do you roll those things?

Wolfie said:

Oh come on son, do you really think drug tests were made to discourage and persecute reefers? Doubtful.
Drug tests were made by asset protection programs to ensure less injury and workplace accidents. all in all, they are just looking out for your safety

besides there are a million things on the market used to beat urine screens. Hell I even took one stoned before

slowmo77 said:
wolfie, can you tell me what the point of this thread is?

Perhaps to make someone think...I'm also genuinely curious as to why people bold enough to use and grow pot would just give up their rights and privacy to the man...Not everyone drug tests, so why even apply to companies that do? Why support this practice? For some reason I thought people on these boards might be a little more enlightened.

GeoffTheMess said:
your an idiot because if you got a 100K job i promise you, you are not going to deny the company who pays your salary a sample of your urine

saying no to drug tests only causes trouble. it is acceptable in workplaces, and government, and sports. although i have said no to a drug test, that was in my last year of high school. they tried to drug test everyone but i said no along with almost the entire student body. AFAIC if a company is paying you to work, they have the right to make sure you are not going to come to work on drugs. After all, you belong to THEM when you are at work.

If I didnt pee in a cup for work I wouldnt have anything that I have now. Just dont smoke weed for a week before test...as far as random testing, just stop smoking pot, becuase if you are getting random tests, that probably means you shouldnt be smoking at all.

And, talking from experience, most companys who drug tests you could care less if you toke a doobie after dinner to kick it, they just dont want you to come into work all blazed.

ill stick to cooking, its a profession that practicly requires blazing nuggets.

Ha, now we're name calling, this conversation stayed mature for about 2 seconds...since I don't care about money and do just fine I'll deny anyone a sample of my urine...I've only come across the situation twice in 15 years and just avoid companies that drug test. I don't even buy from companies that drug test. Saying no to drug tests is standing up for your rights and dignity, just my view I guess, I don't care what the government says now, it's a violation of your right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures. The test doesn't prove whether or not you're on drugs "at work"...it can tell them if you're pregnant, but I'm sure every woman wants her employer and a bunch of lab employees knowing that, possibly even before she does.

Right on, I know 3 cooks, 1 blazes right on the line

lordhighlama said:
I think we scared him away. :ignore:

Humm...more females on earth than males, what's everyone's logic in assuming I'm a "him"? I gotta sit down for this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back