Urgent Confirmation of a Hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
enjoy that harvest Muggy!

nothing like smoking your own herbs!

what kind of fragrances are you getting?
Hey Big,

I'm struggling a bit with last one.

I still think it's got a bit to go.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Muggy

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_095433.jpg
    IMG_20220516_095433.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220516_095435.jpg
    IMG_20220516_095435.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
I’ve been checking mine everyday. Finally ready in week eleven yay!
same strain different smell?
Congratulations.

I'm not sure on the strain. I was given the seeds, so other than knowing both types were Sativa of some description, I couldn't be 100 percent they are the same.

The ones I have already harvested had a lot of red hairs, and smell like lemons or at least citrus.

This one, virtually has no red hairs and smells a bit like a sweet olive oil. Best way I can explain it.

I guess I'll find out.

hey there Muggy

yeah mate , give her 2-4 more weeks
Hey Big,

I have an issue with curing plants.

It's been shit weather here for weeks and weeks and weeks. Hot humid and wet.

A lot of the buds are developing a white mouldy substance. Virtually overnight. They were ok with no signs of it going into the mason jars, and I've been taking them out for approx 4 hours a day.

Anything I can do or are they just stuffed?

Another deluge to come in the next couple of days as well.

Cheers,
Muggy

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_112134.jpg
    IMG_20220519_112134.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like powdery mildew. Not good. I'm sure the others might have more experience with it than i do, but the buds I had from an outdoor grow that developed it got turned into butter after I pinched out the bad spots. I think decarbing it pretty much killed the spores.

I don't smoke anything with mold/mildew. I'm so allergic to mold, I can't even take a penicillin shot unless you had a body bag close at hand.

Sounds like powdery mildew. Not good. I'm sure the others might have more experience with it than i do, but the buds I had from an outdoor grow that developed it got turned into butter after I pinched out the bad spots. I think decarbing it pretty much killed the spores.

I don't smoke anything with mold/mildew. I'm so allergic to mold, I can't even take a penicillin shot unless you had a body bag close at hand.
Thanks Hippie,

I'm totally gutted. Had so much against me weather wise during this grow and seemed to overcome everything, and now this right at the end.

I've left the buds out of the jar on some pieces of paper. There has been a little bit of Sun and a breeze today. They feel quite dry now.

I know sun and light kills mould.

First sunny day in a while. Another 3 to 4 inches a day predicted for the next 4 days.

I should be surprised this happened. There is mould on everything else. Constantly wiping things down.

It should be dry here in South East Queensland Australia, so I shouldn't be having these issues. Wettest year so far in decades.

Not good you are allergic to mould.

Hopefully some of the others have a suggestion.

Cheers,
Muggy

sorry to say Muggy but like Hippie said , that is powdery mildew and not to be smoked

ive not had to deal with PM in a long time so maybe some others here will chime in on what your options are

i do know that PM can be controlled during flowering and what I use works real good and can be sprayed on infected flowers 2-3 days before harvest and that product is called Oxidate

cheers
big

sorry to say Muggy but like Hippie said , that is powdery mildew and not to be smoked

ive not had to deal with PM in a long time so maybe some others here will chime in on what your options are

i do know that PM can be controlled during flowering and what I use works real good and can be sprayed on infected flowers 2-3 days before harvest and that product is called Oxidate

cheers
big
Yeah Big,

Saw no sign of it at all, and then all of a sudden there it was this morning. Shitty conditions so I have been keeping an eye out for some type of fungus to appear.

To cut a long story short, I spoke to an old friend from an area I used to live in which is more consistently wet. A fair bit colder too. Turns out he is still growing.

He suggested scrapping what is already effected and soaking the rest/spraying the rest in a mixture of 35mil of Apple Cider Vinegar to 1 litre of water. Place the buds on trays lined with paper towel. It's not supposed to affect potency. The slow curing process is out the window though so I can't see how it won't effect potency.

Apparently that should save what is still good. I hope so, but it's put a bit of hole in the overall.

Also sprayed the one still in the pot even though it looks quite healthy.

Really crap weather here for this time of year, and has been for sometime. Looking at our 3rd moderate to major flood inside 3 months. Hot, humid and wet. Everything has mould.

Oh well, I'll let you all know how my old mates suggestion goes. Hopefully it stops anything further and the plant still to harvest stays healthy.

Cheers

I have read you can wash PM from dried buds with diluted H2O2, and after rinsing thoroughly they are safe to smoke?
Hey Crash,

Thanks mate for the suggestion. I just finished writing the below to big sir.

"
To cut a long story short, I spoke to an old friend from an area I used to live in which is more consistently wet. A fair bit colder too. Turns out he is still growing.

He suggested scrapping what is already effected and soaking the rest/spraying the rest in a mixture of 35mil of Apple Cider Vinegar to 1 litre of water. Place the buds on trays lined w.ith paper towel. It's not supposed to affect potency. The slow curing process is out the window though so I can't see how it won't effect potency.

Apparently that should save what is still good. I hope so, but it's put a bit of hole in the overall."

Let's see how it turns out.
I'm pretty gutted. I didn't expect much from the grow because of a whole heap of factors, but I thought I had pulled it off reasonably well, and then this at the end.

I'll update when I know the result.

Thanks again.

Muggy

Hey Big,

I have an issue with curing plants.

It's been shit weather here for weeks and weeks and weeks. Hot humid and wet.

A lot of the buds are developing a white mouldy substance. Virtually overnight. They were ok with no signs of it going into the mason jars, and I've been taking them out for approx 4 hours a day.

Anything I can do or are they just stuffed?

Another deluge to come in the next couple of days as well.

Cheers,
Muggy
I see you are in cure stage (duh I should read all the way back)
Have you jarred those buds yet, if so get them out they are still too moist
But if it is mold its already all over the rest of your buds .

Hey Crash,

Thanks mate for the suggestion. I just finished writing the below to big sir.

"

He suggested scrapping what is already effected and soaking the rest/spraying the rest in a mixture of 35mil of Apple Cider Vinegar to 1 litre of water. Place the buds on trays lined w.ith paper towel. It's not supposed to affect potency. The slow curing process is out the window though so I can't see how it won't effect potency.

Apparently that should save what is still good. I hope so, but it's put a bit of hole in the overall."

Let's see how it turns out.
I'm pretty gutted. I didn't expect much from the grow because of a whole heap of factors, but I thought I had pulled it off reasonably well, and then this at the end.

I'll update when I know the result.

Thanks again.

Muggy

I hope it works, and yes, please let us know how it turns out. I am battling spider mites near the end of flower, and one of my approaches is to close the vents with a pest strip in the room. That is allowing the heat and humidity to rise with just recirculating air flow. Seems like a recipe for PM which would fit right in with how this grow has been going : ) If it works for you, I may be copying it soon.

Latest posts

Back