Urgent Help Needed Please!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess

Reaction score
Ok so i finnaly put my plants under my 600w hps bulb after having them under envirolites for 39 day's.
I gave them a water and popped them around a slack 2foot away from the HPS Light........this morning disaster struck i went to check on my plants and the ones directly under the light most of the leaves were a little crisp and curled .....seem's 2 of the other plants that were not directly underneath were fine apart from a few curling leaves.....PLEASE HELP

Would i be ok to maybe move the light further up and start flower??? or would i need to keep in veg until they recover????

Thanks

also tried to put some photo's on but it's not letting me this morning x

I would let them recover before putting them into flower. Sounds like it gets a bit hot in your room with that 600 watt hps. What are your temps with the hps on?

Sorry what do you mean??? do you think it could be down to humidity then?

When you turn on the 600 watt hps what is the temperature in the room?

So the leaves are burnt from the light? Could you add some bricks underneath the pots or an object to make all the plants level to the position of the ones that were not burnt?

In other words, can you make all the plants level in height and to be two feet away from the light? You said that the ones close to the lamp were burnt so the ones that were two feet away were not. Then you probably want them all to be level two feet away from the light. That's just my logic. The temperature seems very normal for a vegetative state for any plant that I have grown.

i cant remember after worrying over the look of the plants but know it was verrry hot maybe 80/90 degrees

temp well over 90 degrees the growroom has no ventilation just adesktop fan everything was fine with the enviro s

I too am having a little issue myself, my seedlings are a week old today, noticed that some of them had a very small amount of heat stress, but not because of the room temp, i think i had my 1000w mh too close to them, i raised it to 4 ft today, hopefully that will be the end of it!

HMAN said:
You need to try to keep your temps in the mid 70's to mid 80's. You go higher then say 87 and your asking for problems. Is there any way to bring some cooler fresher air into your grow area? Perhaps turning down the A/C in the house? Or open some windows if its cool enough? A 600w HPS is going to put off a lot of heat that you will have to dissapate somehow. Your enviros probably didn't put off that much heat when compared to the 600 watter...... pics and more details of your grow would be most helpful.

true story, i keep my a/c on so that i maintain a constant 78 degrees, but i had my light to close to my plants apparently i sunburned a couple of them, not too bad tho, barely noticed, glad i cought it in time!

I say get an air cooled hood and a 4" vortex. Best buys youll ever have.... I could lower my light to about 2" from my tops with no problems. I also had a fan blowing over the glass... L8r

rasie the lights dood
a 600 non air cooled should be 3 ft above atleast
600 actively cooled in an vented sealed hood you can keep it as close as 10 inches if you got a good fan.

Raise the lights up go up another foot.

Get the temps to 75-80 at the tips of the plants... Do what you have to...

i am SO confused on this point. ok i was told to keep the light about 2 feet away when i first got my clones and i did so, next couple days my plants were wilted like you wouldn't believe, so then someone came over and said whoa dude you need to put the light like almost touching them, and i did and they came back to life and grew crazy after that.

but i don't know if the leaves being crisp and curled means the lights too close or if the lights too far away, it sounds like the affects of a light that's too close. but who knows. (some responses on this would be much appreciated)

Just to let you know my plants are recovering well, (well apart from 1) one side of it the leaves are nearly completley yellow :( but the other side is fine lol so im hoping will still get something out of it i gave them a good flush after the damage that got done and waited a few day's and gave them a little food and they seem'd to do really well I am going to wait around another week take some cuttings and then put into flower :) Thanks for all your input and help xxxxx

Latest posts

Back