Ushio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Gribble

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody uses ushio bulbs here. They are made in Germany and im a sucker for the deutschland ;)
I was gonna get a hortilux bulb but the ushio was $70, opposed to paying $92 for the hortilux. searched and couldnt find any reviews or opinions.

Never heard of them...I love my German engineered car but when it comes to bulbs I go the cheaper route...1000bulbs . com

I was checking out Ushio the other day...I saw an ad in Max Yeild for them, they look like really nice bulbs, but I have never tried them personally. I may give one a shot though.

wally150 said:
do you just go with sylvania and change em up once a year?

These are the ones I buy...
400w (7.12)>>>hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/400-Watt-HPS/34142/

600w (27.12)>>>hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/600-Watt-HPS/38752/

1000w (27.12)>>>hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/600-Watt-HPS/38752/

The brand is PlusRite....they hve Sylvania 1000w bulbs for like 36 bucks...

Personally, from reading about Ushio bulbs and I have never used them yet but it makes sense to me. Also, you probably need to be a believer in the light spectrum and the plants need for it and if these bulbs make a difference because of an enhanced light spectrum they are claiming. I think it makes a difference, how much i don't know but I feel better with them.

i waited for lights out this morning (3 am) and changed out to the ushio bulb because it has a 1 year no fuss warranty from the shop i bought it at. I went and looked at it this morning and it looks like it has a slightly better spectrum than the Agromax bulb i was using. I would give em a try legalize freedom, if you were looking to drop some bills anyways, it was $20 cheaper than the hortilux....

well...I will probably pass for that kind of money...lol...for that price I could buy a brand new bulb every grow from 1000 bulbs

Ham I have those same bulbs, I was just wondering about this eye hortilux that came with my 600 why it looks dimmer than my 400, that was what prompted my question about the difference in spectrums

Ushio good for digital(ballast)

hort good for magnetic(ballast)

Latest posts

Back