Ventilizationing 2 (air flow vs. cooling)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first let me say i have a home box tent.it is 3.5x3.5x6.7 it has an outlet in the very top,i in the top right back corner and one at the bottom front corner.i have 2 fans,exhaust or blower,i also have a model 9000 can FILTER.where in the heck do i start to be efficent.the more i draw and think about this the crazier i become.NEED HELP PLEASE.i do need to vent the reflector due to the heat.BUT HOW do i do all this.i am screwed up her.my final flanges will come tomorrow to allow me to start this procedure.hopefully i have everything i need,just waiting om the ,flange kit for the reflector and blowers. many thanks

if you live in acold climate area,i wouldnt be pullin the air from outdoors,if its too cold theres a chance it'll shatter your bulb.ive been readin on info for this topic for a week now and from what ive gathered,your best off hookin a hurrican or a pyrex baking tube to your hood,making sure your bulb in enclosed it it,then hook a duct fan to the hurrican/pyrex tube so its drawing the hot air produced from the bulb out of the hurricane/tube,through the fan,through the duct,out of the grow room.if its all secured then you shouldnt have to filter the air.and if you want fresh air coming in from the outdoors,you can run a fan with some flexible duct to it to get the fresh air in.i'll show you some pics of this process in 2-3 weeks when i get my growroom up and goin.-peace

thanks,but i really need to get this done today,as soon as my parcel arrives to complete my setup,hopefully.no,cold is not an issue here.hot is the thing here now.i am ready to flower and want to make sure the tent doesn't get too hot being closed up.and the smell is getting very noticable.i can only imagine what it will smell like in a few weeks.not that i mind it,lol but others might be nosy about where its coming from.

andy52 said:
first let me say i have a home box tent.it is 3.5x3.5x6.7 it has an outlet in the very top,i in the top right back corner and one at the bottom front corner.i have 2 fans,exhaust or blower,i also have a model 9000 can FILTER.where in the heck do i start to be efficent.the more i draw and think about this the crazier i become.NEED HELP PLEASE.i do need to vent the reflector due to the heat.BUT HOW do i do all this.i am screwed up her.my final flanges will come tomorrow to allow me to start this procedure.hopefully i have everything i need,just waiting om the ,flange kit for the reflector and blowers. many thanks

..if the air cooling the lights is not exposed to the grow, no need to filter it.
"I" would consider only filtering the tent/grow itself. Fresh, cool air intake near the bottom, hot, filtered air out the top.. IMHO
Depending on the cfm of the fans, you "may" be able to use only 'passive' intake on both vents. Just pulling air out the outlets.

i'll hook it up that way and see.seems all the heat is coming from the lights.being a tent also doesn't help.i will have the flanges to vent the reflector if need be.thanks for the input hick.

sorry to interupt,but i have a dillema here.i bought another blower today.that makes 3 i have.this 1 is more cfms than the other 2.but i didn't get a flange for the bigger one,sucks. so i hooked up 1 blowing in one end of the reflector and then venting straught thru the reflector out the top.the reflector is cool as can be,can lay my hand on it.but witht the tent zipped up,it still shoots up to the 90's inside the tent.i guess it being so warm here?? ya think.what if i vented air from the basement thru the tent.ut stays alot cooler in the basement than anywhere else here.think that would work.the other problem i have is where to vent the hot air to.my girlfriend doesn't want me to cut a hole in the roof or wall.what now????any suggestions would be great and appreciated.

Go buy your girlfriend something shiny and when she's not looking chop a hole in your roof. Run a piece of insulated flex ducting. If you can crawl into the attic and hook the vent up to one of your exhaust vents in the roof awesome, or if you have the skill pop a new roof jack in and vent out through that.

Time to move no problem. Dry wall repair is a cinch, cut the hole you are trying to repair using a square to make sure your lines are straight and cut a nice square or rectangle around the area to be patched. Get some wooden lathe or 1x4 or whatever and put it on the two sides of the square you cut so that they are behind the drywall and screw them into place by going through the dry wall and the board. Make sure to leave half of the board behind the wall and half so you can see it. Cut a piece of drywall the same size as your square and place it in the hole then screw it to the backing you just installed. Tape mud, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

lol that sounds good my friend. i told her i MIGHT could do it to where it looks professional.not buying that,lol i will let her read your message.maybe she will let me once she sees somebody agrees with me.gotta do it.heck i've spent a small fortune trying to get this set up going and now she wants to screw with my plan.she sure awaits the smoke though.
that sounds like a good plan ther.thank you much

forgot to mention that the guy i ordered most of my set up from(cheaphydroponics) talked me into the 180cfms and they are not really enough.the 1 i bought today is better,4something cfm.but i left the shop without thinking about buying a flange for it,dumb *** me.but i can say the online shop iordered from,is the cheapest and fastest.good PR.
ALSO I HAD 5 PLANTS,1 FOR SURE MALE,PRAYING FOR THE OTHER4,JUST CANT TELL YET.

well i put teh flanges on the reflector,both ends.i ran 1 blower going to the reflector,then on the other end of the reflector a duct line going straight back put the top.it keeps the light cool to the touch.my problem is the climate here.it has been kinda humid here,not really warm enough to run ac,but with the tent it gets pretty warm in it still.i for got where i asked this,put again,lol would it helpif i hooked another blower coming from the basement,(where its alot cooler down there) blowing into the bottom vent on the tent,then out.that would be 3fans hooked up,crazy huh??
like today,its nice outside and the tent is staying 77 degrees.i can deal with that.the vented reflector works for sure.had my doubts.i haven't even thought of hookin up the filter yet.don't really need it yet.i like the aroma anyway.i did hang it though.in case the girlfriend gets excited..since i have the blowers i might as well use them,you think??all replies are taken seriously.appreciate guys.

I've got a 600 watt air cooled light that I love now that I'm able to control the temp. Don't go cheap on your ventilation man. Do it right the first time or you'll spend more than you would have just doing it right the first time. Trust me, I spent about $60 or $70 more & the little fans didn't do anything for me. Of course I have to move the air a pretty good distance about 20 feet.
room6.jpg

room14.jpg

room16.jpg

room15.jpg
'
room7.jpg

room5.jpg

looks rad to me.i can see you put some thought into this setup.wish i could figure mine out/yes,like you i let the guy at the store talk me into small cfm fans and now i know i need more cfm's. i'm sure someone that is more knowledgable about this will give their input.looks good to me tho.must be workin for ya.good luck

Latest posts

Back