Water & Nute Temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
I usually try to search the forum before I ask a question but my lack of computer skills has stalled me on this one. I'm wondering how bad or if at all you can stress out plants by feeding them with water and or nutes that are 25 degrees colder than the plants and the media? I have yet to come across any warnings that it's a bad practice or what the preoccupations would be. I know that you can get goofy ph meter readings from non room temp water. Thanks

I like my water as close to room temp as possible....cold water makes for cold soil, cold soil makes for cold roots, cold roots don't grow plants :)

It slows them down...I put the water in a barrel, throw an airstone in it...let it sit overnite to warm up.

I think its worth mentioning that on one of the labeling of my nutrients says to maintain temps under 75 deg

I have discovered that my MJ plants definitely don't like water over 80f and not under 60f. Like B said, cold medium(below 60) and they stop growing or slow way down. I try to keep my rez water around 65-70 :)

Hushpuppy said:
I have discovered that my MJ plants definitely don't like water over 80f and not under 60f. Like B said, cold medium(below 60) and they stop growing or slow way down. I try to keep my rez water around 65-70 :)

I checked the temp on my water, straight out of the faucet.....52 deg F :eek:

Thanks Hushpuppy, that is some good info. I'm just getting back in the grove and looking for information. This seems to be a really good source of info. Thanks everyone.

Anything refrigerator temperature is best. Anything just before freezing.

:huh: best for what? refridgerator temps are usually in the mid to upper 30s :eek: That's too cold for plant watering

Latest posts

Back