Water Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
This is my second grow of lowryder 2 and both grows have lots of light green to yellowing leaves throughout. I ph my water everytime but it is tap water. My very first grow was hydro so I have a ppm meter. My tap water is around 220ppm straight out the tap. Its a country well so there lots of sand in it and who knows what else. The ph is normally around 7.5. Anyhow my hunch is there is alot of calcium and sulfur(thats what I have heard farmers say) and I think its locking out other nutes.

Anyhow I went down the street today to buy some purified water to flush my plants and I used some clearex. The weird things was the purified water I got from this Water Purification store was 3ppm but had a ph of 10+. The next weird thing was it normally takes me about 2 table spoons of ph down to get my tap water from 7.5 to 6.6 roughly. So I went to add ph down to this purified water and added about 2 tablespoons and the ph shot down to 3.0.

It appears this purifed water takes way less ph down or up to move it.

Long story short does this probably confirm that my tap water is crappy or does this confirm nothing?

If you look at my current grow link below you will see what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Back