Watering schedual ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
This is my first hydro grow so bear with me please...
I have my clones in 6"in Grodan blocks, I am wondering how often I should be watering them ? I put them in on Wednesday about 4:30 pm and have top watered the blocks once a day ! Thismorning when I checked on them a couple of em looked a lil droopy. I have a feeling I might have over waterd, what do guys/ gals think ?

How are you going to grow them ebb and flo ,dwc ? Either way i had the same problem when i top wattered. those cubes hold water better than you would think are there roots comming out the bottom yet ? i would skip a day pr two but make sure the bottoms stay wet if there are roots

hey chris,

those cubes are saturated and do not contain the necessary root mass to drain the rockwool to the point that you could even water once a day.

Go a few days w/o watering, trust me, as the roots grow the plant will work its way up to a once a day feeding to keep it happy.

Rockwool holds large volumes of water very well, so be careful not to overwater or underwater.

if they are droopy, back off a few days and watch them perk up.

Latest posts

Back