week Stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneyman

Reaction score
I have about 10 seedlings. I was in my grow room last night and everything was find plants was looking great. Than this mourining I take a look and 1 of the seedlings is drroped over.Like it was shot. It was laying in the soil. So I leave out and come back this eve and 3 more r doing the same. the other ones looks as if they have gotten bigger. do u think my lights r to far away?
thanks
I wrote this thursday eve

How strong are your lights or what watt are they? Do you have a fan blowing on them? Need more info to answer your question.

If they're flopping over your lights could be a bit far away. what type of lights are you using ?

It would also be a good idea to get a little fan blowing on your babies. It will help strengthen them up a bit.

EDIT : bombbudpuffa must have been replying at the same time ... lol

I looked this mourning (Friday) I have another 1 down.
They are dropping like flies.
They r to small for sticks.
Can they be strengthened ? How?
Is it over watering?
is it the soil? I started the seeds With a Pete moss seed starting kit. You know the cubes where you add water and then they expand then you drop the seeds in.
After they broke dirt I dropped each cube in a 16 oz party cup. dirt mixture of manure, miracle grow plant food(36- 6-6)and miracle grow potting mix. I see now that it is too much nitro. But will that make the stems fall over.

I have a fan on them I have a temp of 71 f and humid 25-40%. I have a post of what lights i am using give me a sec and I'll post it here.

I made this in a post about lights, but this is my set up.

Is there a such thing as to much light. I have 1 shop light with 1 40 watt cool and 1 grow light bulb.and a 100 watt hps and a 400 watt hps and a ott light.
Has anyone ever used a ott light? If so is it a good light to use. The ott light is the light that is on the infomercials that say it produces a true light, unlike artificial lights.

This is my 1 st time.
thanks guys for your help.

The enlongated stems are a result of weak light mostly. Your 400 HPS needs to be no further from the tops of the plants then 18 inches. No closer than 15 inches or it will cause burn.

When the tiny plant has to s-t-r-e-t-c-h for light, it becomes weak and spindly.

You can gently place more dirt around the stem all the way up to the starter leaves. This should hold the plant up and let it grow roots from that part of the stem that you bury.

Is this clear to you?

I had some that were growing tall and weak. They looked bad. I got some good advice. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11726 check this out pictures and advice.
Now heres a picture 8 days later. It sure helped me

bush1 002.jpg

bush1 005.jpg

GOOD LUCK :D

They all die. My whole crop. I saved 3. They were the 3 biggest. When I went to add more soil. All of them were lying in the dirt drie out.I don't know what happen. I did see a couple of ants in the area. Can they cause trouble to a crop? My soil also had an amonia smell to it. Is that to much nitro? And one of the survivors has a brown spot on the tip. Any ideas guys?
thanks again.

The best advice I can offer you, moneyman, is to postpone your next attempt at growing until you've read a whole lot of "how to" on this site. The information is all in here. You just have to read it.

Take your time and do it right, not fast.

Good luck man!

I think I will do that stoney, Thanks. But I am also going to try to save the 3 I have.I honestly beleive it was the nitro. beginers if you didn't know all ready. ( nitrogen kills your babys almost instantly.) My soil has a strong amonia smell to it, and the 3 that are still alive 1 of them was not put into the soil I mixed together and the other 2 was the biggest of the bunch. The 2 biggest are starting to show signs of nitro burns ( I THINK) they are starting to brown on the tips.

Can any one tell me how to get the extra nitro out?
How do I flush the soil?

Well most likely I'm to late to save your plants but this might help others.
I just started growing myself but had same problem. A friend of mine thats been growing for years told me to do something that I thought wasnt going to work. He said for me to stick my finger in the dirt right beside the plant about an inch deep then kinda move the plant down and into the new hole. So I tried it anyways since it was laying there dead looking and now my plant has grown back to life and is now just over 2 foot tall :) Took some time for it to get there from the shock of almost dieing but now is alive and well. O ya it was the light that caused it. Not enough

Latest posts

Back