What Are These Things?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusionalFate

Winter Madness
Reaction score
I just noticed these at one of the nodes of my 5 week old plant, I was examining the nodes closely looking for preflowers when they caught my eye. It doesn't look like one of those green spikes that appear at every node, it is shorter and thinner, as well as a different color than them. It also can't be a preflower because there's no way a pistil would turn orange when 12/12 hasn't even started yet! Also, there is no flower that the "pistil" is coming out of so I'm completely confused here.

Any ideas? :confused2:

DSCN5421.JPG

DSCN5422.JPG

if its not 12/12 yet it could be pre sexing before flower.

Too early to tell may possibly be a stamens stalk or a pistil its just too soon to tell, give it a few days to be certain.

Cant remember the name of the item pictured above, but it is normal. When the plant starts to pre flower, the preflower will form right in from that pointy thing (that is what you are asking bout..i think). And yes they can turn brown, not a big deal. Those things will show up where ever you have a node, one on each side of a leaf stem.

My plants started showing those orange/white hairs after like 2 months in 24hr light, but started showing even more white ones on 12/12

So they are spurs, I never have seen them look quite like that. I posted this on another board and someone said they could look different like that due to their sensitivity to touch, nutes, and wind.

Latest posts

Back