what do you think? just tap water!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stucklikestu

Reaction score
This is tap water you may see my pepper plant I have him there just to see if I can grow them both in the same conditions.

so please let me know what you think

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

I AM DWC with no nuts so far what do you think of my grow so far?

Pertty sweet. . keep us updated . . I would like to see how they turn out .

why would you hydro grow with just tap water???? I'm a newbie and dirt grower at that, but this sounds asnine to me. The chlorine alone would be VERY BAD!!! (unless your on well water, which could be worse)

Friend-of-a-friend said:
why would you hydro grow with just tap water???? I'm a newbie and dirt grower at that, but this sounds asnine to me. The chlorine alone would be VERY BAD!!! (unless your on well water, which could be worse)
just let the water sit for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate.i do the same thing,my water sits out a good 48 hours before i use it to water,thinking about boiling it though to acheive a nice purity,either way a little time to chill and the waters good.

i think it will be a pretty weak plant if it grows,but it will b interesting too find out from you instead of me wasting a plant lol

i use tap water for nothing but cleaning my buckets with.i have hauled distilled water until i broke down and got an RO system.no more.i try to give my plants the best i can.jmo

"Is it true that chlorine can be evaporated from tap water by just leaving it setting out for 24 hours?"

- Yes!

"So I'm good then!"

- Absolutely not.

In addition to chlorine, tap water also contains chloramines which take much longer to evaporate than chlorine - at least 2 weeks. The effect these lovelies are having once absorbed into your soil (outside of slowly poisoning your plant) is to bind with and lock out many of the nutrients you're working so hard (or not so hard, apparently) to provide the plant with. In short, if you don't kill the plant outright, watering in this fashion will make any supplemental feeding you plan to do a nightmare and leads most commonly to nutrient burn due to overcompensation. Notwithstanding, of course, any sodium overdosing you're inadvertently giving your plants with this water.

Your most cost-effective best bet in the long run is to just shell out the 75 cents/gallon for the carbon-filtered Reverse Osmosis at your local grocer.

:yeahthat: RO'd and properly ph'd water will work wonders for that poor plant.

Peace...j.b.

In the being, tap water will be fine with small plants. As the plant grows, additional nutrients will be required to get results.

Latest posts

Back