What is wrong with my babies?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I would agree with The Hemp Goddess. I was suggesting initially that if you fed too soon that you could have damaged the new roots which would have slowed the growth while they were recovering. But once the plants get out to 3 weeks, the roots should have sufficiently developed and recovered from minor damage, and they would be ready to eat. :)

Well.. the lil ones are looking better! :)

I have a new problem now though... one of my plants are sprouting roots at the top of the plug, right under the top layer of hydrotron. The roots are actually surfacing. I have no clue on what to do.

Hey peeps! Just wanted to drop in and give an update and get some feedback on a problem I am having. The babies are doing well. I am on my second week of my flower flip. I was going to hold off on switching to 12/12 but two of my plants decided to go into flowering mode on their own. So, I figured they were ready. The two that decided to flower are doing great, but the other three are not showing any signs at all. The ones that are not flowering are bigger than the others. They are supposed to all be from the same strain, but now I'm wonder if the person who gave them to me is full of it. Any clue why the three are not on the same track as the others?:watchplant:

two of my plants decided to go into flowering mode on their own.

Unless these are auto's or the lights are less then 18/6, these are only pre-flowers. They will not flower and just keep vegging.

Any clue why the three are not on the same track as the others?

There could be many reasons.
now I'm wonder if the person who gave them to me is full of it.
and that could be one of them. Especially if this is the same person giving you the mis-guided growing info.

sneekatoke!

I would eliminate the H2O2 unless there is a sanitation issue. I've used H2O2 extensively in outdoor hydro set-ups to help eliminate algae and pathogens in the water. It will also kill large populations of bacteria and microbial life. Even small amounts will adversely effect the way microbial life grows. This is one portion of water sanitation I've studied extensively. Old Resin mentioned Hygrozyme. If you feel your system needs enzymes Hygrozyme is the way to go IMO.

As usual, I agree with THG in terms of how to proceed - Hydroponics takes experience to perfect and she knows her stuff. One aspect of hydroponics to really concentrate on is preventative measures. Applying pH balanced nutrients prior to the plant showing stress will seriously improve your eventual production. And to confirm, hydroponic plants absorb nutrients at a lower pH than soil. Depending on the strain pH 5.3 to 6 (max).

good luck.......

Right on. thanx for the feedback.. found a male today or actually last night before I put the babies to sleep. :fid: waited til today just to be sure.. so that's one down and out. waiting for the other two to show. they are all about 1-1/2 to 2 feet tall so I am ready for them all to start flowering. got my fingers crossed, hoping the rest are girls!

Latest posts

Back