What Scale Do You Recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycdiesel

Reaction score
I've spend quite a bit of cash on scales and have yet to find one I'm truly happy with. A couple buddies have bought expensive scales in smoke shops that are not accurate. I'm planning on buying myself one as an Christmas present and am tired of spending $100 on a piece of.... .

My latest, an electronic scale made by DigiWeigh goes nuts if anything electronic is near by. I mean nuts if my smartphone is in the room it fluctuates +/- 40g. Same thing with the computer monitor, laptop, microwave, and cable box to name a few. To use it i have to practically hide in the closet.:eek:

i'm also not happy with its features. It can only handle 200g and reads to the 1/10 of a gram (e.g. 1.5g). The max sucks since you have to place some sort of container on top 1st. Also, I prefer 1/100 of a gram (1.50g). In my experience the last decimal is not accurate.

I'm contemplating buying a tried and true triple beam, but they take so long and don't have a TARE feature.

Looking at digital scales online so far (<$200) i've found the Acculab Vicon VIC - 212 for $170
Any opinions?
http://www.scalesonline.com/Detail.aspx?ID=477

It has storage built in for calibration weights, battery or a/c, its compact, but it looks like a P.O.S. (not sure if it is) and its max is 210g

My question to you -

What type of scale are you using, how much did you pay and how happy are you with it?

Also, does anyone know what "Repeatability" and "Linearity" are?

Latest posts

Back