what would happen if???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megatron

..to punnish and enslave.
Reaction score
What would happen if you switched from halide to HPS, but did not switch the ballast setting? (just curious)

No, just curious. I was reading. Thinking that the HPS would blow up.. Article never explained reaction.

if you run a hps bulb in a metal halide ballast,it'd probably kill the ballast,kill the bulb,and possibly start a fire.dont do it!!! if its a hps ballast then you can use a metal halide in your socket,but either way,you'd be risking a fire doin it.you either need a conversion bulb or a switchable ballast.

I believe I read somewhere that they make interchangeable ballasts. I personally will use cfl's, because of the cost to keep HID's lit. I've also been reading that LED's are widely replacing all HID's. In the complete range of the sepctrum for awesome plant growth. Good luck in your endevours. LAter!

CFL's in the long run cost you more. It would take you more cfl's and power to get the same results someone would get from a 400 watt hps. The upfront cost is higher but it pays for itself quickly. As in your very first harvest. And they only cost about 12-18 dollars a month to run on 12/12

Latest posts

Back