Whats wrong with my cat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a cat once that had a urinary infection. He was looking at us in an odd way and was barely peeing on our bed. It’s like he was trying to tell us something was wrong by peeing where we could see him. Poor thing. A shot and some pills and he was good as new. Got hit by a car a month or so later. He was a daredevil. Always took chances. I reckon it caught up with him. Every day I’d check the mail I’d have to see the greasy spot he left in the road. For about four weeks. There’s a fine line in life. A mix between sitting on the porch safe, and living life and taking risks. Ole Binky just lived too close to the edge.

Her trying to pee on your dirty clothes has nothing to do with that. Pets often try to go to the bathroom on dirty clothes because they can smell traces of urine and skid marks. They figure if it was a good enough spot for you, they might as well use it to.
Especially if Flower has been there LOL

I had a cat once that had a urinary infection. He was looking at us in an odd way and was barely peeing on our bed. It’s like he was trying to tell us something was wrong by peeing where we could see him. Poor thing. A shot and some pills and he was good as new. Got hit by a car a month or so later. He was a daredevil. Always took chances. I reckon it caught up with him. Every day I’d check the mail I’d have to see the greasy spot he left in the road. For about four weeks. There’s a fine line in life. A mix between sitting on the porch safe, and living life and taking risks. Ole Binky just lived too close to the edge.
Like when we all rode MC's

so sad. That happened to a male cat of mine when I was young and couldn’t afford it. Back then it I remember it cost 400.00 (a lot back then too…) which I didn’t have but made the payment plan. Well it happened again a few months later and I ended up having to put the cat down. There is a lot of ash in the cat food that can cause this especially the discount foods.

Good news!!!!!
So, here is how the day of events unfolded.
I went to the first vet location and they told me they were not accepting new clients at this time.....
So off to the next.
Went to the second place. They did an x-ray and blood work but could not do a ultrasound. Cost $275.
They referred us to a place that could do the ultrasound and they wanted $3,800 for a catheter put in, and $4,000 for the surgery. I knew I was not in the position to pay $8,000 for the procedure so they told me the only other option was to euthanize her. I lost my shit. Skittles is only 5 and sleeps in my arms every night. I was a complete wreck. I spoke to my brother who told me he had his dog put down at another location for half the price this office wanted. I left and headed to the office with my cat's fate minutes away. The ride there was rough to say the least.
I walked in and explained I needed to have Skittles put down. They even weighed her to find out how much of the drug they needed. But it wasn't over for her just yet!
The lady vet came in and was pondered how a female cat at the age of 5 was in her office to get euthanized.
I was her just standing there in her thoughts and was wondering to myself if there was an option to try and save my cat. I explained the cost the other office wanted which she thought was ridiculous. I told her I was willing to spend $1,000 to try anything. She asked if she could try and put a catheter in her, and it would cost me $300. I agreed. She made no promised as she said if the catheter does not go in there may be a cyst or tumor blocking her urethra. So, we rolled the dice and I waited for a phone call.
4 hours later she called. She was able to get the catheter in. She then flushed her bladder several times and there were small stones. She stated that she would like to keep the catheter in for a few days to let her bladder go back to normal size and hopefully flush out any other remaining stones. She said she would then recommend a specific diet to feed Skittles that would disintegrate any other stones she may get over time. She told me she thinks Skittles was going to be okay and that the total cost would be under $1,000. I was more than grateful for her efforts. Seems her and my brother saved my cats life.
Skittles will be in their care for the next few days. hopefully ready to come home healthy and happy. Maui her sister, (our white lab) has been showing signs that she is looking for her.
So, all in all through the emotions I cannot complain. What a rollercoaster.View attachment 319960
Thank goodness!

Bubba

1676385842675.png

Latest posts

Back