Whats your secret weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jman....WOuld like to hear more about Hygrozyme and how it has helped your grows. Do you have any before and after shots? How much do you use? Do you use it every feeding? I see it's rather pricey, so wondered how much you have to use.

Secret Weapons:

Canna Coco
Canna Coco A & B
Canna PK 13/14

Gravity
Liquid Humic (industrial grade)
Folvic (Foliar)

...and my super secret weapon: I cap all pots, trays and beds with up to 1" of power flower.

The Effen Gee said:
Secret Weapons:

Canna Coco
Canna Coco A & B
Canna PK 13/14

Gravity
Liquid Humic (industrial grade)
Folvic (Foliar)

...and my super secret weapon: I cap all pots, trays and beds with up to 1" of power flower.

Hey Effen-

Where can I buy some of that "gravity" stuff?

I get mine from the hydro store, but there are many online dealers that carry it.

hidhut has it for sure. If your local hydro store does not carry it than maybe you could get them to order it.

I'm experimenting with motivational stuff like those "Achievement" and "Perserverance" posters. I put a bong in the box when I start flowering :)

ArtVandolay said:
I'm experimenting with motivational stuff like those "Achievement" and "Perserverance" posters. I put a bong in the box when I start flowering :)

Art maybe get an arrow and a sign above the bong that says enter here..:p

Mine would be Rhizotonic..... healthy roots, healthy plants :)

How do you guys use your Gravity?

I use it, but I feel like it is keeping my buds dense..and small! I bring my PPMs down to 600 and go half with it...

I do hydro, so maybe it's different in dirt...

Art, that's just the funniest thing I've ever read! I am still snorting coffee all over my screen! Yep, ya gotta give those big girls some major positive reinforcement, huh?

You got some good stuff goin' on under that tinfoil hat, Art!

Thanks, Lips! Er, I mean um, Mohavemama! When PHazes sees your new avi, he's going to go nuts :)

Great idea, 2Dog :)

ROFL, Art! The Lips avatar is just for Halloween--a few of us gals here are doing sexy lips for the holiday and having a blast with it. Not as cool as a tin hat, or motivational posters in grow room, but fun. <G>

Any more info about Hygrozyme? I'm hoping to see those before and after pictures! I have used Tarantula bacteria, but never tried an enzyme additive.

CHRIS--Can you share your experience with Rhizotonic? Is that similar to Hygrozyme? I know you grow hydro, but I know many nutes can be used for both soil and hydro. Is Rhizotonic one of them?

Hey Mama - nice lip's

I started a new post in the Organic section about Hygrozyme - I'll paste it below none the less:

After years of successful growing and recent postings on various website I've decided to release the info on one of my secret weapons in the grow room. Hygrozyme . As I'm sure your all computer savy I won't post some article about it's benefits but try and explain the real results I've had using it over the years. Briefly explained however, Hygrozyme is an enzymatic formula used in addition to some of your regular feeding programs. It was developed by a company named Sipco, a bio-tech company specializing in non-toxic bacteria-free enzyme cleaning solutions. After years of research they developed this solution. It is an enzymatic solution loaded w/ complex chains of amino acids. In saying that, here's what results I've found and how I got them.
I've always leaned to organics when growing my products, and have found not only better production but also higher quality smoke when using them. I'm a commercial grower and constantly look for the edge or the more efficient way to produce quality product. Some time ago I did some head to head research regarding various organic and chemical blend nute applications. Botanicare, Earthjuice, Foxfarm, Neptunes harvest, Alaskan Fish Fert, Dyna-gro and more recently General Organics were some of the names involved. I also used additives on some plants within my tests. Things like Mega-gro, Green-fuse and Hygrozyme. Every detail was documented. Things like color, general health, plant weight, overall potency, height etc were measured and recorded. Even foliage weight to determine which products produced more bud to leaf ratio was written down. The nute results are meant for another thread but the benefits of Hygrozyme were the most apparent detail within the entire test. I used the same Pro-mix medium in 5 gallon pots for all plants of the same genetic mother. Out of 2 cycles of 4 different nute programs, and 96 plants, the tallest most productive of each program contained Hygrozyme. Not merely the tallest, biggest producers but the quality and health was better also. This was mostly the case with strictly organic nutes. Earthjuice in particular was effected positively. The plants simply used the nutes more effectively, in fact, the largest plants required less over-all food as the Hygrozyme assisted in breaking down the organic material and increased the speed chemical reactions occurred within the substrate. Root health appeared more vigorus on these plants as well, one beautiful thing about Hygrozyme is your ppm count will not rise with use, it has virtually no effect on ph. Literally with more available to them the plants just thrived. When flowering the results are most apparent. The stigma growth was twice the size, and plants required stakes much earlier and buds were far more swollen and dence. Crystalization was increased 2 fold. Again, the Hygrozyme simply made the bloom nutes more available and the plant used them more effectively and again, less of them. As mentioned earlier I used pro-mix so no nutes were in the medium. My mother plants however, are grown in actual organic soil, a 50/50 mix Black gold Sunshine mix #4 and Flower power with some dolomite. I simply add ph balanced water with Hygrozyme and they show vigorous growth - in fact after 2 months each "mother" churns out 30+ clones (weekly) with no added nutes ever in 7 gallon buckets besides whats available in the soil.
Hygrozyme, when applied properly produced an avg. 2.74 oz per plant vs. 2.20 oz with-out. Plants were an avg. of 5.8 inches taller, and 5.7 inches wider in dia., stalk width was 1/3 wider and plants were over-all heavier. These are just some actual #s I recorded, and results were the same regardless of nutes I added besides the chem blends. Although I'm pro-organic, the chems did not benefit significantly. Because of it's ability to help break organic material, organics obviously works fantastic with this additive. The medium remains clean and loaded with available nutes.
As far as application rates it really depends on substrate, nutes and strain. Broadly recommended in an 11 week cycle or so. I'd begin with 2.5 mil through-out week 1 and 2 (week 1 being a rooted clone stage). Week 3 to 4 (veg stage) I would increase to 5 ml. Flowering weeks 5 to 7 I'd increase from 7 to 10 mil and week 8 should decrease back to 5ml. Weeks 9 to 11 should get very little to none. Later use of Hygrozyme in flowering cycles makes residual nitrogen available and can extend flowering times so be cautious. It's pricey but truely worth the investment. I can't recommend it enough. Let me know if you have some questions. I'll try and post some pics soon of comparisons grows. Thanks

Wow, good info. Thanks so much! I like the idea of using it iin flowering to help the residual nitrogen remain available, even if it does extend the flowering time a bit.

I'm a bit confused about the statement--"The medium remains clean, bacteria free and loaded with available nutes." I thought we ADDED bacteria to the soil for a reason. And here I paid $30 for a tiny handful of bacteria additive....so is bacteria good or bad?

Latest posts

Back