When should I add super soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
I'm gearing up to get growing again and I am in the process of mixing some of nouvellechef's super soil. What I'm not sure about is at what size container I should start including the ss.

I'm planning on 16oz -> 1gal -> 3gal

Im gonna use 30% ss in the final pots for my first go at ss, should I add some in at 1 gal or just wait till the 3 gals?

Should I just go straight from 16oz to 3gal?

Thanks for the help! Very excited to be able to grow again.

I am glad you get to grow again. I would go to 3 gallons forget the 1 gallon size. Since you are starting seeds? in the 16 oz cups I wouldn't add any super soil to that might burn babies.
Glad you are here.

Yea, I will be starting with seeds. We just bought a house and medical is now legal in my state. Its a wonderful time to be alive! Haha...

Thanks for the tip Rosebud, I'll cut the 1 gals outta the regimen.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited:
what strains are you looking to do? 30% seems weak, i have got away with a 50% on a sativa leaning hybrid multiple times. so 1.5gal ss total. take 1gal ss put in bottom, take other 1/2gal and mix with 1/2gal plain soil(middle layer), then straight plain soil for top layer. just saying from exp ymmv

docfishwrinkle - thanks for the advice. I just threw about 15 unknowns into some dirt filled solo cups. My friend had a bunch of seeds that all got mixed up and he has no idea what they are... So, I am using them as a dry run of sorts.

I am gettin some beans from attitude later this week. Super sour og, barneys LSD, satori and kaliman cheese #1(bought them last time but never got to pop any..).

I will follow your suggestion when its their turn... :icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back