When to start nutes in rockwool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonJay

smokin surfer
Reaction score
Just a quickie cos I don't seem to be able to find the answer I'm looking for.
How soon after germination in rockwool do I start giving nutes. I've read different things, one says give water until roots breakout and it's time to transfer to DWC other places I've read you should start watering straight away with a light nute solution. This is my first serious indoor grow and with AK47, Hawaiian Snow, and Strawberry Cough on the line I want to get it right.
:confused: :hairpull:

As soon as I get some good roots bustin thru the rockwool, I start with about 1/2 strength nutes and never had a problem ? What nutes are yougonna be using ?

Thanks Chris
I'm going to be using General Hydroponics Flora Nova for the veg stage

I use those nutes exactly RonJay, just to be safe I recomend going light on the nutes for the first week or so and see how they take it. Best of luck on the new grow man ! Are you gonna start a GJ ?

You plants do not need nutes until they are 3-4 weeks old. Then start with 1/4 strength nutes and work up. Different strains generally have different needs. I have some strains that I can run high ppms and some I have to stay low. Keep your pH in the 5.3-5.8 range.

Latest posts

Back